It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2002, 03:24 PM   #1

srikavi HB User
Post When is the best time to drink water?

Hi,
Wherever I read, they say to drink lot of water, atleast 8-10glasse. But I wonder when is the best time to drink? Is it with meals, after meals, or through-out the day? Is it better to drink lot of water at a time or to drink small sips over a period of time?
Thanks.

Old 02-01-2002, 10:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
I believe I've read that it's best to sip it throughout the day. It's okay, if you're thirsty, to drink a whole glass at a time, but forcing too much water in at one time could make you sick to your stomach. Also, I believe that drinking during meals can cause increased gas, although I'm not sure about that.

Drink when you're thirsty and, if that's not enough to keep you hydrated, then sip extra water throughout the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2002, 08:36 PM   #3

squirkie HB User
It's best to drink your water throughout the day.

There is a condition called hyponathremia (or water intoxication) that is cause by drinking too much water in a short amount of time. What happens is the water dilutes the salt (sodium) content of your blood. This can cause your brain to swell and can cause unconsciousness or seizures. But unless you're running a marathon, hiking in the desert, or going to drink 60 ounces of water within a short period of time, I woudn't worry about it!

Old 02-27-2002, 02:41 PM   #4
Inactive

Kopoli HB User
Sipping throughout the day is best. Although I also feel as though in the morning a little extra is a good idea, after 8 hours of being unconscious, you need something to hydrate your body.

Old 03-02-2002, 07:46 PM   #5

YesterdaysChild HB User
Drinking WARM water when you wake up is said to be healthy and great for the skin. Wait 30 minutes to drink water or any liquids after a meal. Drinking water during meals will disrupt the digestive juices the body is producing from the foods you ate. Over- drinking is bad for your kidneys and will flush the vitamins and minerals out of your body. All things in moderation. Moderation is always the key. I agree, it is best to sip water throughout the entire day. When you are thirsty, that means your body is already dehydrated.

[This message has been edited by YesterdaysChild (edited 03-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by YesterdaysChild (edited 03-02-2002).]

Closed Thread