It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
(male)

shadin HB User
Exclamation Feels like I'm overheating..

I have had this weird unknown condition my whole life, but it has become worse as of lately. Usually it would only happen when I was working or in some sports in school. Basically I feel like my body is overheating and sometimes I get really sharp *****ley feelings all over my body. Sport and labor wise even if it is a extremely cold and windy day in winter I will have to take off my coat or sweater while working. My body gets really warm and sometimes my face will go numb. If I push myself and don't "cool" down my sight might go black and I'll see a lot of static. I don't relate this to heat exhaustion, because it can be a freezing snowy night and I can still overheat. Lately I don't even have to be working. I will be sitting at home in a 65ish (sometimes less) tempature room and all of a sudden get a claimy feeling. I will turn the fan on me, but sometimes my skin feels numb so I feel no breeze. I open the window, but usually don't feel the cold at all until it's completely freezing. Taking a shower that's anything beyond warm causes the *****ly pens and needle feelings really bad usually. Lately one of my guardians passed away and we are still paying hospital bills from it. I have no insurance so I am seeking as much help as I can get so I can try to figure out if I can stop this from happening. Any natural remedies or foods I can eat to help would be helpful. If anyone knows and takes the time to read this please reply, thank you.

Last edited by shadin; 11-20-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: Feels like I'm overheating..

Hi, if you were female I would say it's hot flashes, but that obviously can't be it. I don't know your age, but I do know that there is a condition where you are very sensitive to cold. I think it's called Raynaud's or something. Also, it could be your thyroid gland. If it's off, you definitely get temperature problems and hot/cold sensations, feel tired. Look up these two things maybe and see what you find.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
(male)

shadin HB User
Re: Feels like I'm overheating..

I looked up both, I took a Hypothyroid quiz and I got a 51% chance of having it 21/41. I thank you a lot for responding, I have no clue so anything helps. The thyroid has some details right, but yet not others. It is the closest I have found yet that might be possible. I am only 21 years old and it is hard to understand why I have so many of these health problems. I also have no family history of baldness and my hair is so weak, thinning, and falling out very easy. That is also a symptom of Thyroid disease so I will try to see if I can afford a blood test and examination at a clinic. It seems a lot of it is related to weight gain and I am only 135lbs at 5'11". So that is something I am opposite of I worry maybe it is not a right diagnosis. Either way I thank you for your time, knowlegde and help!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
(female)

footrest39 HB User
Angry Re: Feels like I'm overheating..

Hi,
I want to reply to you about your over heating--I get hot sensations on my stomach, chest, thighs and sometimes my ears. It really bothers me and freaks me out. I just want you to know you are not alone. I think it may be anxiety related--I don't know but I can't stand it. This has happened to me ever since I gave birth to my third daughter--she is 8. Maybe it is my hormones--I hate it!

Closed Thread