It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
(male)

ralph23 HB User
Fatigue/tiredness/laziness bothering me, help and advice please...

I have always been an active person and is considered a person by others who is not lazy or fatigued, etc. However, I always seem to be tired and fatigued despite good nutrition, exercise, and adequate sleep. I cannot read for more than 15-20 minutes without getting really tired. I always come back from socializing with my peers fatigued and worn out. Even playing video games makes me tired. Now it has gotten to the point where I don't even want to play video games (which is something I enjoy) because I don't have the energy. I am often too tired/lazy to clean my room or my car. This is really bothering me because it is starting to effect hanging out with my friends and my girlfriend. I want to have more energy, more focus, and concentration without getting so fatigued. What is wrong?

Last edited by ralph23; 11-20-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Fatigue/tiredness/laziness bothering me, help and advice please...

There are a lot of things that could cause fatigue. It's kind of nonspecific, I'm afraid. However, if it is interfering with stuff you do regularly, that does sound like a problem. You say you exercise, how do you feel during/after you are physically active?

If it's interfering with your life, and you've tried the obvious commonsense solutions, might be worth seeing a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
(male)

James4553 HB User
Re: Fatigue/tiredness/laziness bothering me, help and advice please...

I had a similar problems myself that has only just recently been rectified.
To put it simply, it was due to iron deficiency.
I do a lot of intense physical exercise and my body was not getting enough iron which leads to the type of symptoms you have mentioned.

For me personally, this was because of:
1) I was taking a calcium suppliment with meals that actually prevents much iron from being absorbed.
2) I was drinking tea close to meal times which prevents much iron (and other minerals I believe) from being properly absorbed. This is because of the high level of tannins found in most tea.
3) I wasn't eating enough red meat that has a type of iron that vegetables do not have.

It's also a good idea to keep your vitamin C levels up since vitamin C makes iron absorbsion better.

After I made the above changes I noticed an almost immediate improvement.

I hope that this may solve/help your problems.

Last edited by James4553; 11-20-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Closed Thread