It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

amber343 HB User
Advice Need Please..Really Needed x

Hello. I was feeling unwell late on Saturday night and went to bed as soon as I came home from work. I woke up on Sunday morning with a very bad headache and couldn't see very well, and this continued for over half an hour. I was taking painkillers throughout the day but this didn't helo any. I decided to wait until the next day to see how I felt.

On the Monday morning I was still not feeling very well but I had to go to school. However when getting dressed I noticed a rash, which seemed very similar to the rash associated with meningitis/septecemia. I got an appointment with my GP that day. I explained about my headaches, showed the rash on my tummy, how i had been feeling very unwell and just not myself for the past few days. She decided to send me to a&e immediately.

I had waited 5 hours to be seen and was told that i was going to be admitted so various tests could be carried out, including a lumber puncture. After getting a bed at 10pm that night i wad given painkillers for my headache. I was not eating due to feeling sick. I did not sleep very well during the night. My blood pressure and temperature we high at one time and low the next time. I noticed my back was feeling very sore and this continued to worsen. My back pain is every sore at the minute and so are my headaches. Only blood and urine tests were carried out and no lumbar puncture was carried out.

I was discharged this morning with only solpadol and sickness tablets. I read the letter for my doctor and it has said that ecg tests and a cxp test was carried out. I did mention to the nurse about my heart feeling very racey at times and she said when it happened again an ecg would be caried out and it was not. I am very worried about what is up with me. I do not want to go through what i did to end up in hospital again. I am feeling very confused and as if i am not here. I feel like my health problems were not taken seriously or fully investigated to what is up with me. They did suggest that my problems are muscular, as they may be but the headaches and rash started before my back problems,i now feel nausea and very weird. I would appreciate your advice. Sorry for the long post.

My symptoms atm..

Headache for more than four days
Back and neck pain for more than 3 days
Chesty cough for 2 days
Rash since Monday
High temperature
High blood pressure and low blood pressure
Feeling confused
Feeling dizzy
Feeling nauseous
Sore chest since yesterday
Niggly chest pains now and again

Many thanks x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Advice Need Please..Really Needed x

did they say just why they did not do the testing theyhad told you they were going to do on you?i would think,just given your symptoms that they would have at least done the tap.this,i do think is the only real true way of either confirming or ruling out the menengitis.(tho i could be wrong,but this is what i have always been told).i would call your own primary doc at this point and ask what your next steps should be.either that or go back to the ER and ask about the spinal tap or some other possibble way to actually rule out the menengitis.it just sounds like they kind of dropped the ball on you here and did not actually fully follow thru with all of the right testing.your primary doc should be able to help you out here with this.if you are still feeling like you stated here,going back to that ER may also be very helpful so they can continue what they actually started before and finish it this time.you do need to find out just what is going on,espescially if what you actually have could be possibly contagious to others.being in school,i would think they would really want to find the cause here so they are not sending you into a place that could casue some other kids to also become sick,you know what i mean?

but you DO need to at least call your own doc and maybe even get seen today yet.part of our primarys docs job is to help to advocate for their patients in these types of situations.i hope you feel better soon.just keep pushing things til someone does their jobs for you.please keep me posted on how you are doing,K? good luck, FB

Old 11-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
(female)

amber343 HB User
Re: Advice Need Please..Really Needed x

Hiya! Thanks for you reply!

I went to my primary doc yesterday and shes suggests that i have a viral infection, i had more bloods taken, she also gave me tramadol for my headaches and backpain. Don't feel like they are helping though. Infact I'm feeling alot worse today, my chest feels much worse and its scaring me. I know I should go back to hospital about this but I get the feeling that they are not taking me seriously. I feel so down about the situation. I'm missing out a very important time at school, as well as being off work.

Really annoys me as to why the tests suggested were not carried out. And I am sure I could take this matter further if I wanted to.

Nobody else at home has contacted this from me, and i hope they don't either. Been keeping my distance from them. If i am still not any better by tomorrow i think i may go back to hospital. I jus wonder what their reaction would be if i demanded the results of my so called 'ecg' and 'chest x-rays'.

Thanks for you reply.

Much Love, Amber-Marie xo

Closed Thread