It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
Bleeding Gums 2 days after dental cleaning, my tooth is full of blood

And it still bleeding. So my bottom tooth is full of blood which dries up to.. so i look like a monster.

Other times when i had a dental cleaning, it would just bleed the first day for a few hours. and stop.

but now i guess he had to carve deeper cause i had hard tartar and i even felt he poked me alittle harder .so now it's been bleeding alot.

I'm 27 years old. asked my mother and she said it's nothing. it's normal.

But it's really disgusting and kinda scary. when will it stop bleeding?

I do know i have sensitive gums and gingivitis, but well what to do? And then this had to happen during the Thanksgiving week so the dentist is OFF. for the 4 day weekend. so can't ask him nothing.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Bleeding Gums 2 days after dental cleaning, my tooth is full of blood

this could just be a completely normal thing for what actually was done to your teeth/gums,BUT on the other hand,bleeding "should' not be a continuous thing either.just to be on the safe side here,it wouldn't hurt to see your doc for a bit of bloodwork just to see how well your blood is clotting for you.it would just take a blood draw and some tests to know this pretty quickly.its just something that really needs to be checked on and ruled out if nothing else.are you currently on any type of meds,both Rx or over the counter? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User

no not on any meds. And by the way, today when i woke up.( Today is Friday had the cleaning on Tuesday) I woke up with a Jelly bean covering my entire bottom tooth( just one tooth). When my blood comes out it covers the tooth nd then the blood coagulates, it turns to a sticky form. so at night since i was sleepng and couldn't pull it out. it was like a big jelly bean. and i had drip coming out of my mouth of purple color( It was the blood but dried and mixed by saliva)

prett disgusting. I did check with the doc yesterday , luckly he had an available emergency phone, and he told me to try listerine and then tea bags but the blood is still coming out and coagulating.

The process that continues even up to now is.. 1. Blood comes out 2. it coagulates so it gets sticky hard and covers my tooth. 3. i go to the badroom and remove it.

I'm trying tea bags and salt water but no results so far

Old 11-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just curious as to whether or not you are actually just leaving the clots alone or are you somehow removing them?it is very important that you try and not disturb the clots once they form as this is part of the healing phase.this is supposed to happen.try not to disturb them and see what happens.this just seems like an awful lot of more excessive type bleeding than you should realistically be having.glad you are keeping in contact with the dentist.using salt water swishes will actually help speed the healing process much faster than listerine will.just a little FYI for mouth stuff there.tho listerine becasue of the alcohol in it will help reduce the chance of infection,the salt water swishes will help with actual healing itself.good luck and i hope this clears soon for you. FB

Closed Thread