It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
(male)

stevenstg HB User
lyrica

hello can some one please tell me if lyrica is a narcotic thanks.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: lyrica

Lyrica is a medicine often used for pain. It can make you sleepy.

It is not related to morphine, hydrocodone or other opiates.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

lyrica is actually more related to the types of anti siezure meds that are taken to treat more of the neuropathic types of pain.tho it is not a narcotic by any means,it is considered a controlled substance(class V).the controlled part came from the drug trials but frankly after reading just how this came about,i realistically cannot see any actual risk for abuse potential.i was on this for about a month and a half a couple years ago for my neuro pain and sympathetic type pain syndromes.while it did help alot with my particular pain crap,the side effects were just horrid for me.it affected my vision and my ability to just walk normally.i felt like i had just consumed a six pack or something.this also affected my kidneys too.gait issues and vision problems since this hit the market and started being used on any more people out in the population,seem to be the more common complaints.it can be a wonder drug for some with neuro pain control or really hit you like a tidal wave with side effects.any effects any med will actually have on any given patient is pretty highly individual.it is always worth a try if you are trying to treat the types of pain syndromes that just do not actually respond to any level or strength of a narcotic type pain med.hope this helps. FB

Old 11-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Lyrica is often used for nerve pain. I t have been found to control nerve pain. But it has also been found to have a good nymber of side effects. One of them being weight gain. If you can tolerate it, it does wonders in controling nerve pain...

Closed Thread