It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
(female)

Cicada HB User
Please help! Can't hold down meals!

I can't even eat a normal meal half the time. It could be a small meal for most, and I am a tad overweight, and you'd think my stomach could hold more. I end up throwing up. Yesterday I threw up twice. Sometimes my gag reflex acts up, other times my stomach hurts. I get reflux, and I frequently have diarrhea. I sometimes will wake up with it in the middle of the night, cramps and everything. This has been going on since I was 15. I am currently 18. Female. The doctors don't listen much to me when I tell them. Also, I am not balemic, and never have been.

What is going on?

Last edited by Cicada; 11-23-2007 at 08:00 AM.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
(female)

Shanibelle HB User
Re: Please help! Can't hold down meals!

You could have issues with stomach motility; gastroparesis. However, with chronic gastroparesis you tend to lose weight. My son developed postviral gastroparesis (he is also a type 1 diabetic) and erthromycin helped him along until it ran its course. The pediatric gastroenterologist said it could last a few weeks to a few years.

However, relatively common problems such as IBS and GERD can cause your symptoms as well as psychiatric disorders (not talking about anything other than like common stress, depression, etc.).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
(female)

jenne1017 HB User

I there blood in your stool? I had a bit of blood every now and then and thought nothing of it. Until last week and my hospital visit. I have ischemic colitis.

You should see a GI doctor!

Old 11-24-2007, 07:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

If you are still under your parents insurance, you need to have your mother book you into a good gastroentrologist. There is a reason why this is occuring-whether it is stress realated or a physical ailment, eithre way, you need to make sure that you aren't doing permanent damage to your insides...

Closed Thread