It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2002, 10:48 PM   #1

Aymee HB User
Unhappy ~Staph Infection in mouth~ Please help if u can....

Hi to all, my name is Aymee. I have just been diagnosed with a staph infection in my mouth. This is the first time I have ever had anything like this in my life.
I went to a doctor who could never diagnose it for close to 2 months. He stated that he was not able to do any kind of a culture etc. for this type of thing. He kept giving me Nystatin telling me it was thrush.

Anyway, I knew that something else was wrong due to the swelling and irritation in my mouth. So, I went to another doctor (Thank the good Lord) who did blood tests and a culture right away. In his words "It is the oddest staff bacteria" he has ever observed. He has put me on a antibiotic that is making me very sick.

To be honest I am getting a little worried after reading other posts on how difficult it is to get rid of. If anyone has ever heard of oral staph or has any suggestions please reply.

Thank you,

Aymee

------------------

The Following User Says Thank You to Aymee For This Useful Post:
khunpeng (11-01-2012)
Old 07-15-2002, 09:04 PM   #2

1nancy2 HB User
I would try collodial silver, you can get it in health food stores, ask someone in the store, how many times a day to use. Or swish your mouth out with it and swallow 3-4 times a day.( is what I would do)
Good Luck.

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Here's a link to information about staphylococcus bacteria. The most important aspect is identifying the strain because staph has a reputation for mutating and a few strains are resistant to some of the more commonly used antibiotics.
[url="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/staphylococcalinfections.html#specificco nditionsaspects"]http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/staphylococcalinfections.html#specificco nditionsaspects[/url]

Old 07-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
(male)

khunpeng HB User
Re: ~Staph Infection in mouth~ Please help if u can....

Dear friend,

i have a small infection in my mouth too that is bacteria origin.. seems like it took 2 weeks of antibiotics and lots listerine to reduce the infection. there are no symptoms... but like you mentioned.. it is tough to get rid of it..

i will continue my quest to get rid of these little bacteria and update the forum. the infection is red with the center being whitish. and a few spots in a localized area of the mouth (close to the saliva gland)

had a tooth extraction.. not sure if there is where i got it from?

hope to get rid of it and update you guys.. i have been on antibiotics for 2 straight weeks. stopped this week and using a solution called WOKADINE antiseptic gargle.

hope it gets even smaller and disappear.

later,
khunpeng

The Following User Says Thank You to khunpeng For This Useful Post:
userhappy2011 (03-27-2012)
Closed Thread