It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2002, 06:08 PM   #1

scrums HB User
Post Lump on ribs

A few months ago I noticed a largish (bigger than an egg) lump on my left ribs. I had just had a large meal and it was pushing on my stomach. It doesn't really hurt but does feel sore and uncomfortable sometimes. It is visible if I stand sideways and look in the mirror. It seems to be hard and unmovable. What could it be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2002, 12:09 PM   #2
Veteran

Pinkroses HB User
Could it be at some point that you fractured your rib and it healed wrong? You should ask a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2002, 02:59 AM   #3

scrums HB User
Thumbs up

I've been wondering that myself. I did have a very bad cough for a few months last year and may have cracked my ribs through coughing, if that's possible!

Old 08-28-2002, 09:37 AM   #4
Veteran

Pinkroses HB User
I know what your saying, once in a while I will cough or sneeze hard enough where it feels like a snap on the rib. when that has happend to me, it made me wonder if I had fractured a rib. I tell ya, it hurts when that happens. I think it is possible, but I think you should still ask a doctor.
Take Care

[This message has been edited by Pinkroses (edited 08-28-2002).]

Old 08-28-2002, 03:21 PM   #5

scrums HB User
Smile

Will do. Thanks for your help

Old 07-27-2004, 10:28 PM   #6

raven46588 HB User
Question Re: Lump on ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkroses
I know what your saying, once in a while I will cough or sneeze hard enough where it feels like a snap on the rib. when that has happend to me, it made me wonder if I had fractured a rib. I tell ya, it hurts when that happens. I think it is possible, but I think you should still ask a doctor.
Take Care

[This message has been edited by Pinkroses (edited 08-28-2002).]
hello i just read what you said about the lump on the left rib cage i hope im saying this right. well i have a lump on my left rib on the bone below my left breast when i beath in it is bigger then the bone on the right i had a bad cold in january of this year i mean i was coughing and coughing. thought it was never going to stop and i notice in febuary the bone below my left breast was way bigger then the right one so can it be that i fractured the left bone below my left breast are can it just be fatty tissue im going to see the doctor tomorrow and kinda scard im such a baby when it comes to stuff like this thanks alot (raven46588)

Old 07-28-2004, 05:59 PM   #7

raven46588 HB User
Re: Lump on ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrums
A few months ago I noticed a largish (bigger than an egg) lump on my left ribs. I had just had a large meal and it was pushing on my stomach. It doesn't really hurt but does feel sore and uncomfortable sometimes. It is visible if I stand sideways and look in the mirror. It seems to be hard and unmovable. What could it be?
i have a lump on the bottom of my left rib cage that is slightly visable.,causing it to stick out. could this be cancer.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Pretty much anything could be cancer.... If you are worried about it, get it checked out. Especially if it is something new or is getting bigger. But try not to worry too much before seeing the doctor because there are tumors that aren't cancerous, plus lots of other things that could be the cause. I generally feel that it is better to go to the doctor and have them tell you it is nothing than to not go and wish you had later.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:13 PM   #9

raven46588 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehorner
Pretty much anything could be cancer.... If you are worried about it, get it checked out. Especially if it is something new or is getting bigger. But try not to worry too much before seeing the doctor because there are tumors that aren't cancerous, plus lots of other things that could be the cause. I generally feel that it is better to go to the doctor and have them tell you it is nothing than to not go and wish you had later.
well thank you for your help . a few people said it sounds like fatty tessiue. i hope that is what it is. i got a mild case of scolosis . never had seguery done so. some people tells me it might be the cause (raven)

Old 07-29-2004, 12:46 PM   #10
Inactive

ashpie HB User

I have a lump on the back of my lower left rib it is very prominent when I bend over..I also have mild scoliosis never treated..

Old 08-19-2007, 05:02 AM   #11
(female)

Lump2 HB User

Hi,

just wondering if you have any results for those lumps? I have a similar lump and my doctor doesn't know what it is. I'm worried it's cancer...

Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

i do know fatty tumors get in these places and they can cause pain.they are sometimes hard and sometimes soft.and can get very large.

Closed Thread