It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
(female)

elphi09 HB User
Exclamation neck is in extreme pain

ugh, i think this goes here....

and btw - it really doesnt help it took me 1/2 hr to sign up beause it didnt like ANY of my names (Caiterz, the_cait, Caiternoodle, caiternoodles)

so i had to ttry something random >_<

but anyway

im female.. 19.. on seroquil for sleeping.. have extreme sweating problems and a leaky bladder.. other than that, ive never been sick before.. bad enough to ever go to a doctor..

i was up at 7 this morning to drive my bro. to the bus was perfectly fine, but super tired (as i took some seroquil the night before)

then i set my alarm for 11am..

11am comes, i reset my alarm for noon and go back to sleep.

I wake up a bit before noon (i know because the town noon siren was blaring) with exruciating neck pain..

I was laying on my right side, and if i moved my head or neck, it just hurt so ****** bad ugh >_<

on the left side.. kind of behind my ear down my neck awhase (not ear canal though)

I tried to scoot forward the 2ft to unplug my alarm, as i know i couldnt move and i REALLY didnt want it to be blaring 3hrs till my dad got home...

but i couldnt.. i couldnt move at all..

...so i layed there and cried.. it was all i could do..

I turned my tv on (my remote was in the bed with me) and listened for awhile and tried to calm myself down..

my cat came in and i found a bit of strength to try to stand.. I found that if my head was tilted to the righton my shoulder, the sharp pains didnt happen.. I grabbed the phone and crashed out in the living room on the couch.. with my head propped at the angle in which it didnt hurt.

I waited till my dad came home.. and he CONVINENTLY stayed outside an hour before he came in >_>>>

but anyway he came in and inbetween sobs i told him what happened.. he thinks it might be a pinched nerve.

so here i am.. managed to walk over to the pc for some help.

I took some ibprofin... didnt help.. my dad gave me this super strength pain reliever and it didnt help...

so my head is on my shoulder.. i try to straighten it back out, but it hurts like no end and it goes back onto my shoulder..

My neck is sore.. and I dont know what to do..

I put a heating pad on it, nothing.. Now ive got ice on it.. but still nothing..

NOTHING i did even DULLED it a bit..

I have no health insurace.. (it convinently ran out on nov. 9th) and if i go into prompt care they'll prolly say theres nothin they can do gimme some extra strength tylonol.. charge me 200$ and send me on way..

anyone know what this could be??

any treatments???

it really sucks to be like this >_<

thanks so much....

~Cait

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: neck is in extreme pain

Hi,

I'm sorry you hurt. I have a lot of neck issues, but I have arthritis and herniated discs in my neck. You are too young for that. My son also has neck pain, they tell him it's tendonitis. He lifts weights. I don't know if you exercise.

Were you sleeping on too many pillows? That could cause a strain. It could be a pulled muscle or ligament. Were you holding the phone on your ear for a long time. Does the shoulder also hurt?

I would try to rest a day or two, sometimes these things resolve. But if the pain is that bad you have to go to a doctor. You need x-rays at the least.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: neck is in extreme pain

just a thought here.just wondering if you know the actual cause of your bladder problem?one big thing here is that problems within the c spine/neck area(or other areas of the spine)can cause bladder and sweating issues too along with having the neck pain and other things like numbness and tingling or electrical type of zaps down the arms or fingers.are you experiencing any other odd types of symptoms?i really do think you need to have your c spine area looked into to see if there are any actual problems up there.without ins,this could be a problem.but if this situation persists more than a couple days,you will really need to have this all looked into.for now tho,trying moist heat or even just a heating pad and some ibuprofen should help to calm things down some.this could just be a muscle spasm,if thats the case the heat will help and so will the anti inflammatory to a degree.but if this is still here a couple days from now,you really do need to have this evaluated by your doc.hopefully this will all resolve itself soon for you. FB

Closed Thread