It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
(male)

ghacker1988 HB User
Help! Large Bumps in my arm

Last Monday while I was working out I noticed two large lumps in my arm (under the skin, not like a zit or pimple or bug bite). One right above my elbow and one in the middle of my bicep towards facing my body. They are about the size of a walnut(maybe a little smaller, just a guess). I have waited a week and they are beginning to scare me. I'm 19 years old. I also noticed I had a small infection of the basin of my finger nail that had gotten fairly inflamed last week. They are beginning to be painful as they have stretched the skin and push on the the muscle, not terribly painful, but annoying painful.

I was wondering what possibly could be the cause of these large bumps? Could it be due to the infection of my fingernail basin? I KNOW I should go to the doctor. You don't need to tell me. I'm just looking for a little information please help!

**sorry I posted this in multiple spots, it appears this section of the forums receive more traffic, if you want you may remove my other post (any mods or admins)

Old 11-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: Help! Large Bumps in my arm

Are you sure it's not the muscle? If not, then it could be lipomas. My father had these all over. They are just lumps of fat that develop, they're not cancerous or anything. I would go to a dermatologist.

Do you feel sick otherwise? Do you have swollen glands or anything? If so, definitely go to a doctor.

You are young so I doubt it's anything serious, but get it checked. You will be glad you did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
(male)

ghacker1988 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita27 View Post
Are you sure it's not the muscle? If not, then it could be lipomas. My father had these all over. They are just lumps of fat that develop, they're not cancerous or anything. I would go to a dermatologist.

Do you feel sick otherwise? Do you have swollen glands or anything? If so, definitely go to a doctor.

You are young so I doubt it's anything serious, but get it checked. You will be glad you did.
Thanks for your response Rita. These lumps MAY be muscle, but why would they protrude from my arm like that? Could it be a tear or something along those lines? I do lift weights regularly. The lumps lumps are not stationary, you can move them around a little bit. Could these Lipomas developed seemingly overnight?

I haven't felt sick the whole week otherwise. The past two days I've ran a mild fever but it has settled. I'm fairly sure it's unrelated to the lumps.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
(female)

Rita27 HB User

Maybe if there's a trainer in your gym, he might know. I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week, and I'm always asking the trainers stuff. I figure they work there, they should at least answer a question, lol!

Just for info, I have huge lumps under both my arms, but they are lumps of FAT, unfortunately, which I'm trying to get rid of. Yours are small, so it's different. But to ease your mind, just to maybe a general doctor or even a clinic because it will bother you until you find out. I always resist going to a doctor, too, but eventually I end up going. I tell my son (he's 20) the same thing, you'll never feel better until you do.

Let me know what you find out because now I am curious.

Closed Thread