It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

blueruin HB User
Sudden severe abdominal cramps

two days ago i woke up at 8 a.m. to go to a class.. as soon as i sat down in the class i got SEVERE cramps in my lower abdomen... I could barely sit through the class and I felt like i was going to die or pass out from the pain. Yesterday I slept in until 1 p.m. and was fine. Today I had the early class again and right as soon as I woke up around 8:30 a.m. I got the same severe sudden pains. The only slight relief is to lay down.. so I couldnt make it to class. Does anyone know how what this could be?

I had a colonoscopy done a week ago, could that have anything to do with these cramps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
(male)

anders15 HB User
Re: Sudden severe abdominal cramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueruin View Post
two days ago i woke up at 8 a.m. to go to a class.. as soon as i sat down in the class i got SEVERE cramps in my lower abdomen... I could barely sit through the class and I felt like i was going to die or pass out from the pain. Yesterday I slept in until 1 p.m. and was fine. Today I had the early class again and right as soon as I woke up around 8:30 a.m. I got the same severe sudden pains. The only slight relief is to lay down.. so I couldnt make it to class. Does anyone know how what this could be?

I had a colonoscopy done a week ago, could that have anything to do with these cramps?
Yes they could, I too have severe stomach cramps to where I actually do pass out. I was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope, which means fainting from pain sent to the vagus nerve. It's nothing serious but can be scary. Everytime I've pasted out it's been from abdominal cramps and I got a seizure 2 days ago and was admitted into the hospital from the abdominal cramps. That won't happen to you though, you could have syncope or it just could be from the biopsys they took.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Sudden severe abdominal cramps

Are you sexually active? This could be a sign of an STD. I had similar pain when I had a ruptured ovarian cyst (I have PCOS). I would go to your Gynocologist and get checked out. It could simply be middleshmurtz (sp?) (mid-cycle pain do to egg production/release). I had this and BCP'S helped this out. Good luck!
Bella

Closed Thread