It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User
Unhappy Abdominal pain for 24 hours not going away

Yesterday I got abd. cramping and gas and was eventually able to get to the bathroom and had diarrhea. I thought that was the end of it b/c I somethimes have this and it'll go away. But now it has persisted for 24 hours and there's nothing left to come out. (sorry if TMI) When there is stool it is kind of mucusy and kind of blood tinged, & not much gas is coming out.

The pain comes in waves about every 2-10 min.when it's bad, or it could be 1-2 hours then suddenly it's start cramping. It ranges from sever cramping in lower abd area or really bad ache. My upper abd (epigastric) area is tender too.

I don't think it's something I ate b/c previous to yesterday my family and I ate the same thing from the same plate and they're all fine.

Does anyone have a clue of what might be going on?

Last edited by pinkie1; 11-28-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: Abdominal pain for 24 hours not going away

I really think you should go to the ER, or to a doctor asap. This could be something serious like appendicitis, gallstones, etc. If it's just a virus or stomach bug, then so be it, but better to be safe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User
Re: Abdominal pain for 24 hours not going away

Thanks Rita for your reply, I did go to the doctor and we eventually figured out it was really bad food poisioning from my plane flight. I didn't think e. coli infection could affect as soon as 30 min. so I didn't even consider it, but my MD said sometimes that happens.

I am feeling much better today (didn't fill the anti-biotic prescription) but instead ate some yogurt yesterday and today and feeling 99% better.

Closed Thread