It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2002, 09:18 AM   #1

cbates79 HB User
Post Pierced Nipples are Swollen

I got my nipples pierced about a year ago, everything was fine until about 3 or 5 months ago when they started to swell up kind of big. I didn't do anything to them until about 4 months later; like trying to clean them good with Hydrogen Perozise and Tea Tree Oil, incase they were infected. After doing that for almost 2 weeks the swelling was not going down and I just took the nipple rings out b/c they were starting to hurt from cleaning them so much. I thought maybe they didn't have an infection, maybe just swollen. Well, they have been out for about a month and my nipples are still huge compared to what the used to be. I know I probably need to see a doctor, but I'm in the middle of moving and I don't have the time or money right now, and it might be over a month before I finally get a chance. Is there anything I can do on my own to try to get them back to normal; or is there a possibility that they might never be the same size again. It almost looks like I have 3 nipples on each of my breast. The main normal nipple and then one small 'bulge' coming out of the lest side and right side. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-30-2002, 04:22 AM   #2

hulagirl HB User
Exclamation

Theres no chance you could be pregnant right?
If not then get to the doctor asap..
HuLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2003, 02:01 AM   #3
Inactive

Griffy HB User
When you get any part of your body pierced, there will be scar tissue. It's a possibility that the scar tissue in your nipple has become swollen, making it look like your actual nipple is swollen. If this is the case, your nipple is going to be forever changed in aspects to it's appearance. I know that a lot of shops that do piercing's tell you to continually wash it for about 2-3 weeks. But most don't tell you that you need to wash it regularly. Bacteria can build up around the outer edges of the piercing and penetrate the existing hole.

Old 01-04-2003, 11:25 PM   #4
(male)

Tangle HB User
Maybe you got lucky on a way to improve your size. Just kidding. This is certaily an health issue. Try combining some liquid vitamin A (cod liver oil) with your tea tree. Also, this "swelling" is a signe of inflamation. Consider supplementing Flax or fish oil (omega 3 fatty acids) to reduce the inflammatory condition.

Old 01-25-2003, 05:29 AM   #5

spanky HB User
my boyfriend had the same problem w/ his pierced nipples, and as far as we've learned there is no way to fix them please let me know if you do!

Old 01-25-2003, 08:43 AM   #6
Inactive

silverwill HB User
Sounds like keloids & an infection of some sort. You should have washed with antibacterial soap & soaked in sea salt water (not iodized salt) a few times a day. Also, after the wash & soak, you pat them dry & apply Betadine. This should kill any germs & dry up the keloids.

Since your piercing has been out for over a month. You may need to see a Dr. now. If you can get the rings back in, DO IT!! It will decrease the chance of the skin healing shut, & if there's an infection involved, sealing it in there with no place to drain. If that happens & you don't treat it, it WILL spread.

My eyebrow was pierced badly & I had 2 holes on the bottom connected to one on the top. (like a Y) The side that did not have the jewellery closed & got horribly infected. It was like that for almost an entire year. It ended up deteriorating a whole big section under my eyebrow. The barbell I had slid back & forth sideways under my skin. Luckilly it didn't do lasting damage & I could re-pierce it again (correctly)after a year or so.

Closed Thread