It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

Xd55 HB User
Lightheaded/Dizzy After Sports

Had a question here....

I'm an overweight guy. I'm 185 Lbs and only 5 foot, 10 inches big. Not all of that is fat, some is muscle - I have more than an average person that does not work out.

Anyways, I am out of shape. I was playing basketball today, and I played a lot. Played 6 full court games in a row, totaling 2 hours of play non-stop except for a few water breaks, but I did not drink enough.

With about 10 minutes left, I began to feel dizzy and lightheaded....everything seemed a bit "Surreal". It's only when I look far-away.

I'm wondering what's up with this, and if it's serious or a one time thing. Here's some thing to consider when answering:

1) My eyes asre not perfect. After starting with a ridiculously high prescription for glasses, I went down to .50. However, my eye doctor, about a year ago, took me off lenses/contacts to see how my eyes respond. My lazy eye has started to come back, and my eyes have decreased a bit (Which was anticipated). I do not know if this plays a role

2) No sleep. I'm running on about 6 and a half hours

3) Stress. 2 Semester projects, a 10 page paper, a 6 page paper, 3 exams, 4 final exams, etc all in the next 2 weeks.

4) I also felt like throwing up a bit, and I was incredibly thirsty with a super dry mouth and throat.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Lightheaded/Dizzy After Sports

Dehydration could cause the problems you described (dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous). Not necessarily what happened to you, but, of all the possible causes, that one is easiest to fix.

I would drink much more water the next time you exert yourself. If it keeps happening anyway, then you'd need to look into it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #3
(female)

Denise41070 HB User
Re: Lightheaded/Dizzy After Sports

It sounds to me that your blood sugar may have dropped. I know you said that you are a little over weight. Have you ever been checked for diabetes? Just a thought. If you are gennerally not very active and you put in a long session of physical activity, that could do it. Start off small and work your way up.

Closed Thread