It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Very Painful Elbow

I don't know if this belongs here or not, but I can't find a specific section that deals with arms or elbows. I apparently have tendonitis and would greatly appreciate your ideas on how to best treat it.

Background:
I am an avid Table Tennis player. I played competitively in college and still play today. My problem is that I've developed some nasty pain in my elbow. I can tell it has to do with the Table Tennis because when I hold back the middle and next to middle fingers from bending (right hand) I can feel a sharp pain in my elbow. These are the fingers I use to hold the paddle handle.

My wife bought me on of those straps that you tighten around the forearm. I fail to see how this might help, but I'm willing to use it if it will help.

This is also very, very similar to tennis elbow, except the injury is to the inside of the elbow rather than on the upper forearm part of the elbow.

Any ideas on how to treat this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

steve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

PiaSava HB User
Re: Very Painful Elbow

The only way to get rid of it is to use the strap as well as NSAID's. Give your elbow about 6-8 weeks to fully recover or it will come right back. If you don't you might find that it will turn chronic. Then your only option will be surgery.

Pia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: Very Painful Elbow

Thanks Pia

I really appreciate the response.

steve

Closed Thread