It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2003, 11:11 AM   #1

pbear8 HB User
Post Symptoms of blood clot in leg?

Can anyone tell me what the symptoms might be for a blood clot in the leg?

How long does it take for one to form?

Also, I hear that the clot can break off and end up in the arteries of the heart , that being a bad thing of course. How long after you get a clot in your leg could this happen?

I just started taking Diane 35 and I am just paranoid I think....

Thanks
pbear

Old 01-25-2003, 03:24 PM   #2

chris c HB User
pbear,
Symptons of DVT (Deep vein Thrombosis)(blood clot)are pain in the calf muscle,swelling of the lower leg and the leg feeling hot.
Yes, the clot can enter your lungs but not always.
Taking a small dose of Aspirin daily (75mg) helps to keep your blood thinner providing that you have no digestive problems.
At the end of the day they are quite rare. Exercise helps also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2003, 08:28 AM   #3

quackers HB User
If you suspect you have a blood clot in your leg, Excercise is the LAST thing you need! Not all blood clots are detected! Why do you think it is called DEEP VEIN!!! Also, a blood clot on the run can end up in your heart, lungs or BRAIN. It may OR may not kill you. It could leave you in a coma, brain dead, completely paralysed or partially paralysed. It could cause brain damage and so much more. I was recently diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome which means that I basically am a walking talking time bomb just waiting for a blood clot to happen. And I was told that you CAN have blood clots and not know you have them.

Old 03-05-2003, 07:25 AM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
If you think you may have a blood clot you need to see the doc and get this checked out. Do not rub the area or anything like that as it may dislodge the clot and cause it to go to your heart or lungs. The description of DVT by the other poster is correct. One of the things taught in nursing school is to NEVER massage the legs upward because if there is a blood clot you could easily dislodge it in the patient.

Old 06-07-2003, 06:17 PM   #5

Alygrl555 HB User
quackers:

Hi, would you mind telling me how you were diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome? I have been diagnosed with "something autoimmune", but "they" (the doctors) say they can't narrow it down. From all the reseach I have done, I am fairly certain that APS is what I have. You are the first person I have heard of that actually has it.
I would really like to know how it was diagnosed!
Thank you!

Closed Thread