It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

jerri42 HB User
spider veins? please help

on my upper right leg I have a couple spider veins Ive noticed a small hard lump under the skin of both of them ,right abouv where the vein shows the bumps arent visable to the eye If I apply a little pressure I can feel them beneath the skin the one Ive had about a year the second one maybe 4 months Could this be clots or is this normal for spider veins Im a little worried because my foot has been going numb and twitches a lot within the last 3 months I dont know if has anything to do with it Could somebody please give me a little advise ?I dont have health insur. so kinda of putting of thanks in advanced

Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: spider veins? please help

i really do think even tho you don't have ins that you really do need this at least evaluated by your doc.sometimes little calcifications can form under the skin or in vessels and also the blood clot thing could be going on.you just need to really find out what is actually going on before it gets to something alot more expensive for you.alot of people will put off seeing their docs about something when it is 'smaller' in nature hoping it will just go away(espescially with no ins),but in the long run,if something was caught much earlier,it would have been much more easily managed and less expensive,you know what i mean?my oldest son was in this situation twwo years ago with a rather small medical problem that could have been handled in one or two doc visits,it ended up landing him in the ER becasue he didn't have ins and didn't want to pay for an unnescessary doc visit at the very beginning.just get this checked out for certain and see what it actually is.it may be nothing or a something.but you wont know unless you get it looked at.if at anytime this area should start to feel "hot" or turns red,or swollen get yourself to a doc or ER soon,that would indicate a more dangerous situation with a possible blood clot formation.let me know how things go,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Jeri, your foot going numb and twitching is usually a sign that you have compression of a nerve in your lower back. Have you had any issues with your back? Lower back in particular? That would cause the numbness and the tingling twitching in your foot....

Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
(female)

jerri42 HB User

thanks for your replys. Lately I have been having some lower back pain Its not always there mainly when I sit forward my lower back hurts.Im a painter so I do a lot of ladder work so the occasional back aches I could ignore but then one day I noticed my right foot twitching like crazy it seemed as though the twitching started to spread to my whole body then my my right foot started to fall sleep which also spread to both feet then to my hands I did searching on the web started to get really freaked out by some of the stuff I found then some sites talking about blood clots, so Im freaking thinking wow I have these 2 bumps under my skin on my right leg maybe ther blocking circulation maybe thats my problem I dont know maybe Im driving my self crazy reading to much on the web Ive just been putting off going to doc. cause Im thinking after all the stuff Ive read about all the test to be performed Its going to cost a forturn and who knows maybe Im driving myself crazy maybe a lot of its anxiety so I guess Im kind of looking for reassurance. any replys would be greatly appreciated take care

Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

sorry for what you are dealig with in your head here jerri,but honestly,i really don;t think you are going to really ever "feel" okay with anything til you at least get this all evaluated for the source of the numbness.it would be much more likely that this is really stemming from some level of low back issue than blood clots,but it does need evaluating by a doc not the internet.you can make yourself crazy looking things up on the net,trust me.you have symptoms that could realistically be many many different things,not just the worse case scenerios,ya know?i would just bite the bullet here and get this looked at by a real doc who can palpate/hands on and actually see and speak with you about any symptoms.he could do just a low back x ray and see if anything more obvious is going on there.tho it could actually take something a bit more in depth with MRI or CT to really see inside the vertebrae themselves if nothing actually shows up on plain x ray.either way,it really is a small price to pay for your peace of mind overall,ya know?most docs offices are really great at working out any payments.you just really need this looked into.i wish you luck with this and hopefully it is not anything overly serious going on.please keep us posted. FB

Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
(female)

wishing2bwell HB User

I found this info on a homeopathic site. They wer NOT trying to sell any product which is why I am considering exploring this further. I have a few spider veins and I know they will get worse if nothing is done. But I totally believe in hoemeopathic cures.

Spider Veins or broken capillaries

Spider veins result when tiny tears occur in a capillary artery, due to some sort of trauma (childbirth, car accidents, sports injuries, or from being clumsy and perhaps bumping into a table). What you actually see is blood that has seeped out of the tears and has followed the line of the damaged capillary.

To cure spider veins, apply Vitamin K cream (this vitamin is not normally taken orally except through a physician). Vitamin K causes the blood seepage in the area to clot, like a scab forming on a wound, so the tear can heal. Depending on the severity of your spider veins, skin type and activity levels, you will see results in as little as 8-14 days to 6-8 weeks when used twice daily.

Major food sources for Vitamin K include green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, green cabbage, kale, Swiss chard, turnip greens, broccoli, tomatoes, liver and lean meats and dairy products.

Another web site of same nature:

Vitamin K has been widely used in medicine for its blood clotting properties. Vitamin K is a fat soluble vitamin and the K is derived from the German word "Koagulation" which in english means coagulation, hence its blood clotting ability. So what use is this for treating spider veins?

When small blood vessels near the skins surface become damaged, a small tear can develop which leaks blood. This blood then runs down the outside of the blood vessel, and bingo! you have a spider vein. Vitamin K can be applied to the skin to help the torn blood vessel to heal. Your body then dissolves the remaining leaked blood naturally, which causes the spider veins to fade away.

I hope this helps. I will come back in time to report my progress and encourage anyone else to do the same. Remember - each person is different. So what may not work for one person may for another. If someone is drining alcohol, then they should not expect vitamin K to combat the abuse they are doing to their body that will encourage spider veins!!!! Right? Right!

Last edited by wishing2bwell; 01-24-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerri42 View Post
thanks for your replys. Lately I have been having some lower back pain Its not always there mainly when I sit forward my lower back hurts.Im a painter so I do a lot of ladder work so the occasional back aches I could ignore but then one day I noticed my right foot twitching like crazy it seemed as though the twitching started to spread to my whole body then my my right foot started to fall sleep which also spread to both feet then to my hands I did searching on the web started to get really freaked out by some of the stuff I found then some sites talking about blood clots, so Im freaking thinking wow I have these 2 bumps under my skin on my right leg maybe ther blocking circulation maybe thats my problem I dont know maybe Im driving my self crazy reading to much on the web Ive just been putting off going to doc. cause Im thinking after all the stuff Ive read about all the test to be performed Its going to cost a forturn and who knows maybe Im driving myself crazy maybe a lot of its anxiety so I guess Im kind of looking for reassurance. any replys would be greatly appreciated take care
Wow, I'm shocked to hear of another female painter. I'm painter too and am up and down ladders a lot. cool

Anyhoo, I had varicose veins pretty bad (this wasn't caused from painting work, I had them when I was in my teens) and a couple years ago I went to a clinic that removes bad veins and fixes spider veins. The first thing they do is give you a consultation and check your legs to make sure there are no clots and stuff like that. The consultation was free and very simple and it ruled out, I believe, the things that you are worried about.
It really could be something quite simple. I tend to think the worst in my cases also and it turns out to really not be that big a deal.
The best thing to do (in my opinion) is find out what the problem is and the sooner it's dealt with the easier and better it will be.
I don't know how old you are or anything or what shape you are in as that makes a difference.
I'm 29 and am in good shape. Right now though, I'm going through a very painful sciatic nerve thing on my left side. (thanks to a couple of days of having bad posture!)
I wish you the best and hope you can get this figured out.

Closed Thread