It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2003, 02:04 AM   #1

julbox HB User
Question Sudden Body Aches and Chills/Weird Symptoms

I was shopping earlier today and suddenly I developed stomach cramps and nausea. I rushed to the nearest restroom but once I sat down all these feelings went away. The minute I stood up, they would reappear and then I started breaking out in a cold sweat. We left for home and after I sat down, the symptoms once again went away. Once home, I had diarrhea and got extremely cold and couldn't quit shivering for an hour or so. A few hours later and I felt fine. The strange part of all of this is that my husband's brother had the very same thing happen two days ago out of the clear blue. I had no idea of this until I developed the same thing and my husband said our symptoms were identical. He doesn't live near me so I didn't get it from him. Is there a new strain of flue going around that produces these sudden, severe, short-lived symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
It does sound like some sort of bug exspecially if you found out that some one had the exact same symtoms. I would go to the dr. after a couple days if it does not go away.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2003, 10:14 PM   #3

julbox HB User
That was the weird part, the symptoms left as abruptly as they came and haven't returned. If it was the flu it must have been the "2 hour" flu.

Old 05-26-2003, 12:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Do you think maybe you could of had a panic attack. They also are some symtoms that come with a panick attack and since they have not returned that is a possibility.

Cattys

Old 06-05-2003, 09:46 AM   #5

deeters HB User
Question

I just had the same thing happen to me. I had been feeling sort of achy on and off for three weeks and then last Monday at work if I would stand up I felt awful but if I stayed seated I felt better. I had nausea and was getting the chills. I felt achy. When I got home I went right to bed but instantly had to go to the bathroom. I had diarreah and was sweating profusely. If I would lie down the nausea would go away. I had very severe body aches and chills that continued through the night then just went away. I did have to stay in bed most of the next day but I never had fever, or cold symptoms at all. I still don't feel 100% but it has been so strange that it has caused me to search the net for related information. I am still debating whether to just go to the doctor once and for all.... I still feel achy...???

------------------

Old 06-05-2003, 10:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

This sounds like a stomach virus, especially as you never had any cold or fever type symptoms. It can take you up to 2 weeks to get over a stomach virus fully, so I would not worry. As long as the symptoms do not return, then take some time off work, rest and drink plenty of fluids and eat lots of nutritious food as you feel up to. You should be right as rein very soon.

No point in seeing a doc though, as they can do nothing for stomach viruses, just like they can't really do anything for flu either. It is just one of those things where you need to let it run its course.

Good luck

Old 06-21-2003, 03:18 PM   #7

Jo202 HB User
All of the sudden last night I got terrible body aches. (A few minutes before I had just a touch of nausea) The body aches came out of nowhere and were really bad. Like a really bad case of the flu. Then about 5 minutes later I got the chills. I went to bed.

I felt badly for about 45 minutes to an hour and then it was gone !!!!!!!!!!!

Since then I haven't had any other symptoms except for feeling tired.

Is that "sudden come and go flu" that some others have mentioned here?
Just curious if anyone has experienced this too.
Jo

Closed Thread