It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

ducky03 HB User
Question why does it feel bruised?

Okay, here's the deal: I have toes that are shaped like what I see on photos of hammertoes (my toes are curled up, and I have to make an effort to straighten them out), but it's never caused any problems or given me pain.

For the past three to four weeks, I've been dealing with a bruised disc and a pinched nerve in my back. About three or four days ago, I noticed that my right fourth toe of my foot kinda felt weird, almost like it was bruised or something. Over the past few days, it's gotten worse, and it's also on my left fourth toe now as well. Two days ago, when I woke up, all of my toes hurt, but mostly it's the fourth toe on both. I would describe it as feeling like it is bruised and/so swollen (but i don't think it is)

I kinda don't think it is hammertoe because 1) it came on so suddenly and 2) because of my back, I've been laying down a lot and hardly wearing shoes at all.

Maybe it could have something to do with the pinched nerve? I don't know, it just seems so random.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
(female)

ducky03 HB User
Re: why does it feel bruised?

Also, after taking my ring off last night (sterling silver) I had an itchy red patch (has a slight sheen to it), which is still here this morning. I've never had a problem with silver (cheap rings that aren't sterling give me green marks, but never silver). This is probaby totally unrelated to the toe pain, but just thought I'd share just in case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

The toe pain can be related to the back problems especially if it is lower back issue. IT is the lower lumbar area that the nerves run down to your lower extremeties.....

Old 12-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
(female)

ducky03 HB User

Thanks ibake&pray, that seems to make sense. Hope it goes away on its own fast like it came!

Closed Thread