Hi, my daughter who is 2 has a cast on her leg. I put her in the tub tonite with a garbage bag covering the cast but the water went through the bag and got the cast wet. I tried to blow dry it but the inside of the cast is really wet. She has to keep it on for another week, should i call the doctor about this or just let it dry?
I would call the doctor and let them know. They may want to take it off and put on a new one. It would be hard to blow dry it enough without burning her, as you probably discovered. I'd be concerned that she'd end up with a rash or some other skin irritation with the cast still being wet inside. Or maybe they have some other solution, a heat lamp or something like that. Years ago when I had body casts, they used heat lamps to help dry them out more quickly.
Absolutely call the doctor--as soon as possible. If the cast got wet all the way through to her skin, and it stays on like that for more than...a few hours, maybe a day... she is at risk for skin infections.