It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2003, 05:37 PM   #1

NevrReal HB User
Post Bright Yellow Fluid

The last few times I've spent the evening with alcohol I've been in hell the next morning, whether or NOT I drank enough to get sick... or even enough to get drunk.

The next morning I have body shattering painful dry heaves that continue off and on for hours, even long after my stomach is empty. This bright yellow fluid comes out too. At least a cup or two of it in sum total.
Is this just stomach acid?
Why is this happening. It's never happened before...

Old 08-01-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
(female)

jboon HB User
I don't what the yellow fluid is, but I'd think it's your body's way of telling you to stop drinking!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 09:10 PM   #3
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by NevrReal:
The last few times I've spent the evening with alcohol I've been in hell the next morning, whether or NOT I drank enough to get sick... or even enough to get drunk.

The next morning I have body shattering painful dry heaves that continue off and on for hours, even long after my stomach is empty. This bright yellow fluid comes out too. At least a cup or two of it in sum total.
Is this just stomach acid?
Why is this happening. It's never happened before...
The yellow fluid is partly stomach fluid (probably not acid though...if it was stomach acid, it would burn like crazy and taste very sour) and bile. It's probably happening now because you're drinking so much that your body is trying to expel alcohol from your stomach that's not there (i.e. it's in your bloodstream). When your body keeps wretching against an empty stomach, eventually other fluids such as bile will come up.

Why must you drink so much if you know that this will happen to you the next morning?

Old 08-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #4

NevrReal HB User
I don't drink "so much"
I often don't drink enough to get even moderately drunk and have spent periods without any alcohol at all, yet as soon as I drink at ALL< the problem persists.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:31 PM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Your body is reacting to the alcohol in some way. Are you on any new medications that may be reacting with the alcohol? Either way this is telling you that you cannot drink any alcohol anymore. If you want to find out what is actually going on you would probably have to see the doc. In the meantime you should quit drinking altogether before it really does any damage.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
It sounds like bile that you are bringing up.

When a person drinks alcohol it robs the body of fluids that is why a person will be so thirsy the next day. Do you drink on a emty stomach?

Good luck

[This message has been edited by cattys (edited 08-02-2003).]

Old 08-02-2003, 09:39 PM   #7
(female)

Oblio HB User
yeah, you're vomitting up bile. if you eat after you drink, you'll throw up food, but not bile, w/ your stomach being empty you have to throw something up...

maybe you've never had this problem, but i've been sick before (not alcohol related, from a reaction to medicine) i threw up so much that once all my food was gone, the acid and bile began... it's sick... probably the worst taste ever.

when i used to drink, i always drank a huge glass of Orange Juice before i went to bed and never had a hang over or threw up as long as i drank the OJ.
if i didnt drink it, then i was vomiting in the morn.

my room mate didn't beleive me either (she's a bartender) until she tried it and didnt get a hangover the next morning.

Old 08-02-2003, 10:47 PM   #8

butterfly1012 HB User
Sounds like an allergic reaction to alcohol. My mom is allergic and this happens to her. She still goes to the bar but gets virgin drinks.

Old 08-03-2003, 08:33 PM   #9
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Like some have said, the yellow liquid is bile.

Old 08-03-2003, 09:49 PM   #10
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly1012:
Sounds like an allergic reaction to alcohol. My mom is allergic and this happens to her. She still goes to the bar but gets virgin drinks.
Butterfly1012 (or should I say projapoti1012! ) what do you mean by "allergic to alcohol"? When your mom has alcohol, what happens to her? Does she get hives or an itchy rash? Does she start sneezing? Does her throat close up? These are symptoms of allergy.

Old 08-04-2003, 07:42 AM   #11
Inactive

mlgable HB User
To the person who posted about drinking orange juice and not getting a hangover...............when you drink your blood sugar gets low and if you don't eat or drink something with sugar and/or protein before going to bed you do wind up feeling awful because your blood sugar bottoms out from all the alcohol.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by mlgable:
To the person who posted about drinking orange juice and not getting a hangover...............when you drink your blood sugar gets low and if you don't eat or drink something with sugar and/or protein before going to bed you do wind up feeling awful because your blood sugar bottoms out from all the alcohol.
Whoa...who told you this?

Old 08-05-2003, 04:23 AM   #13
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by projapoti:
Quote:
Originally posted by mlgable:
Whoa...who told you this?

I believe she is a nurse.

Old 08-09-2003, 03:28 PM   #14

nkarnold HB User
I have exactly the same problem as described in the thread..

I don't get plastered, maybe a little tipsy, but mostly I start vommitting bile the next morning, for sometimes hours (in 15 min periods)

I'll try the OJ tip, but do I need to get this sorted with my local doctor.

Any help appreciated...

Old 08-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #15

NevrReal HB User
so it's not just me.

Someone told me that if I drink OJ it'll make me vomit because it's acidic... hmph.

Closed Thread