It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
Yellow Vomit???

Late this morning I started drinking some iced tea and suddenly started feeling a bit nauseaus, but it seemed to pass quickly. Then all of a sudden I just had to vomit. I had nothing else since dinner yesterday. I had no stomachache, no burning, no gas, no nothing except I had to vomit. Sorry it's gross, but my vomit was almost a bright yellow color, I never saw that before & had nothing to drink that was yellow! Anyone have any idea why it might be yellow?

Old 12-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
(female)

crazyasthewind HB User
Re: Yellow Vomit???

Hi Babybreeze,

What you vomited could have been bile. If you had nothing to eat, then there was nothing in your stomach to vomit out. Bile is what is left, and it is bright yellow, and sometimes remind one of egg yolks. I know that sounds gross,but that is the best analagy.

Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
(male)

MarkTS HB User

I've never heard anything regarding iced tea that would cause yellow vomit. Did you just get done working or doing anything to make you hot and tired. I'm thinking that this coupled with an empty stomach could cause this. The act of drinking iced tea would trigger it by the way. Beyond that it could be bad tea but that is very rare. Did you happen to drink a large amount of tea very fast.

Heck have you had issues with acid reflux or any symptoms of acid reflux. The only thing that really comes to mind is acid reflux. Sorry I cannot answer your question any better. I'm also sorry for making you answer more questions too.

Also you could just be getting sick (ie cold, flu etc) and it just hit you all at once kinda like a 24 hour bug. With nothing in your stomach you most likely would just vomit what is in your stomach and if your tea has any type of bright yellowish color that would be a safe bet. Either way I hope you get better real soon.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

It was about the color of egg yolks...is bile supposed to be in your stomach?
I have vomited plenty of times in my life, but never saw it yellow, so that's why I ask.

Mark, no I was just relaxing, watching some TV, took a few sips of iced tea and it suddenly came on. I do not have acid reflux that I know of either.

I have vomited out of the blue in past at times, then felt very spacy and tired afterwards. It never seems to correlate to anything in particular, though. Sometimes it was just whitish liquid if I hadnt ate...sometimes it's food. I really don't know why this happens, but today was the first time I ever saw it as yellow liquid, and the iced was not even yellow. But Im feeling okay now, although I havent eaten anything but a few sips of soup. I guess it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for both your replies!

Old 12-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #5
(male)

MarkTS HB User

I think you will be fine and I also believe it was bile as crazyasthewind said. Relax and get well soon okay.

Closed Thread