It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 08:59 AM   #1

Deanna1036 HB User
Question itchy fingers

Hello~
I hope someone can help me. I get this irritating rash on my fingers usually once a year. It is tiny little bumps that are SO itchy it is hard to not scratch them. When I scratch my fingers, they get really inflamed. Any ideas?

Old 07-13-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
Inactive

sarez72 HB User
What time of year does it occur? i.e. Spring/Summer etc?

Could it be some sort of reaction to a change in the surrounding environment? Sprint is renound for bringing on allergies/sinuses etc, perhaps something similar could be happening to you but showing up as the bumps on your fingers?

Just some food for thought!

------------------
Don't believe everything you know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2003, 05:12 PM   #3
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
Hi~

My husband has the same thing. The doc said basically it's a fungus that's in his symstem kind of like a herpes. His fingers will get little bumps on them and are very itchy. The doctor said they can come and go all of his life or leave alltogther. He was given a script called mentax, it seems to help.

Renee

Old 07-21-2003, 10:07 AM   #4
Veteran

camden HB User
I get the same thing from time to time. It usually occurs in the summer and has been diagnosed as eczema. I was given Elocom cream for it(a cortizone/steroid cream). I only have to use the cream for about a week to get rid of the rash.

Old 09-12-2003, 08:27 PM   #5

mank HB User
I have this very same problem....

It is called hand excema and water irritates my hands and causes them to break out if I have them in water for any period of a time. Ouch!!!
The bumps under the skin at the tips look like tappiaco pudding.
My fingers would itch to no end and I could just rub up to the finger tip and it would start bleeding.

I finally went to a dermatologist and he gave me a steroid cream and since then I can have my doctor right out prescriptions for it.
It works wonders and doesn't take long to start healing.
I suffered about 4 years from it before I went for help.

I will more then likely suffer with this the rest of my life and since I didn't hve it when I was younger teh doctor thinks that my use of using chemicals without gloves to clean with is a good answer to how I got this in the first place.

mank

Old 09-13-2003, 06:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User
I have on the inside of the palm on rt hand and sometimes the wrist too of the right hand the left hand is not effective is there any over the counter stuff that hels, also i get like a white film on the hand and on the side of the hand its really embarassing.these bumps itch and the hand hurt when the blisters form until the blisters pop.

Closed Thread