It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
(male)

jason177 HB User
stab marks on back?

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but anyway, i have these marks on my back that kinda look like scars from getting stabbed by a knife or something and i have never been stabbed, and i was wondering if any1 has any ideas of what it could be.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: stab marks on back?

these could possibly just be stretch marks?how heavy are you and were you ever heavier at some point?alot of people have these.its because at one point the skin got stretched then you either lost weight or they are still being stretched becasue of your weight.i have these little lovelys on my stomach from two pregnancies.my son and my hubby have these too on various parts of their bodies.these would be the most likely thing that IS what you probably have there.espescially if you have never actually had any type of injury.some peoples skin is just a bit thinner in some areas so this wouldn;t take too much to have occur.unfortunetly there isn't a whole lot you can do about them. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
(male)

jason177 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad View Post
these could possibly just be stretch marks?how heavy are you and were you ever heavier at some point?alot of people have these.its because at one point the skin got stretched then you either lost weight or they are still being stretched becasue of your weight.i have these little lovelys on my stomach from two pregnancies.my son and my hubby have these too on various parts of their bodies.these would be the most likely thing that IS what you probably have there.espescially if you have never actually had any type of injury.some peoples skin is just a bit thinner in some areas so this wouldn;t take too much to have occur.unfortunetly there isn't a whole lot you can do about them. FB
well last time i checked my BMI was around 17 and im pretty sure i have only been gaining weight since then so i dont think they can be stretch marks

Old 12-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

You don't need to be heavy or have a high BMI to get stretch marks, teen males often get them from growing taller very quickly. Not to say that's what the marks are though.

Where exactly are they?

Old 12-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

Can you describe them in more detail? Are they lighter or darker than the surrounding skin? Small or large? Raised or flat?

Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
(male)

jason177 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffkid View Post
Can you describe them in more detail? Are they lighter or darker than the surrounding skin? Small or large? Raised or flat?
they are darker, kinda purple. i guess they are kinda small and flat

Old 12-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
(female)

georgie04 HB User

Go and see a doctor about them. Like some have said, they may be simple stretch marks, but sometimes they can be a symptom of an underlying condition, so best to be sure and get them checked out.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
(male)

jason177 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie04 View Post
Go and see a doctor about them. Like some have said, they may be simple stretch marks, but sometimes they can be a symptom of an underlying condition, so best to be sure and get them checked out.
ok thx

Closed Thread