It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
(male)

tcm1001 HB User
Cold Feeling In Thigh(s) and Waist Area when Sitting

Hi, I would really appreciate if someone is able to help me (I am a 27 yr old male)...

In the top side of one of my thighs I experience a strange cold sensation when sitting down. The coldness can extend to other areas including the waist upper hips and other thigh on occassion.

Unfortunately I do an office job and am sat for the majority of my time so am constantly feeling the cold and it is really becoming a nuisance. I have invested in a oil heater to put under my desk and this does help a little but only when I have it up very high in which cases other areas of my body become uncomfortably hot. The only way for me to feel suitably comfortable is using a scarf that I fold 3 times and lay across the top of my leg whilst sat at work.

I have never experienced anything like this before and as far as I know I am 100% healthy, I go to the gym and run weekly and even competed an 8 mile run last weekend.

The problem started about 3 months ago and was most confusing at first because whilst sitting at work I started to experience what felt like a cold breeze blowing onto the top of my leg. I searched for many weeks to try and find the source of the breeze to no avail and finally concluded that it is infact me having started to experience the same "cold sensation" when sat in other places.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this??

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by tcm1001; 12-11-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Cold Feeling In Thigh(s) and Waist Area when Sitting

I have the same thing happen. You are cutting off circulation if you are sitting for long periods of time. Have you tried leaning back and stretching legs out while at your desk(and doing your work)? Or getting up to move every 15 minutes or so? Even if it is just for a minute or 2. I am not exactly sure but this is what I do. I also get cold in other extremities. Hands especially. But the upper thigh/hip area could be due to leaning forward and cutting off circulation due to your upper body putting pressure on your lower body. Try to notice how much leaning forward and pressure you place on your belly/hip/upper thigh area. Try to slouch less which is easier said then done. Maybe others have more input. Hope this helps some. .
Bella

Last edited by tattoogirl; 12-11-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
(male)

tcm1001 HB User
Re: Cold Feeling In Thigh(s) and Waist Area when Sitting

I really appreciate your reply. I will give what've you suggested a try and let you know how i get on.

Closed Thread