It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2003, 04:01 PM   #1

studcake HB User
Question Certain Dri..?

Okay I recently purchased this Certain Dri stuff and um... it says only to use it before bed... So does that mean that you don't use any other deoderant in the morning or anything? And plus.. It makes my armpits itch...! Can anybody give me a hand with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2003, 07:26 PM   #2

studcake HB User
Exclamation

Anybody! Please... Even if you don't know about the whole Certain-Dri stuff, is there any other remedy besides going to the doctor? Any other treatments besides just deoderant or anything? HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 03:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

You need to stop using the product that you are using and change to something different and more natural. It sounds like you could be allergic to it, so if you are it will not clear up until you stop using it.

I have to say that washing is probably a better alternative than putting deodorant on at night. Why would you want to do that anyway?

You do not need to see a doctor, just stop using the deodorant and change to another brand of which there are plenty and some that are more natural than others.

Old 04-10-2003, 08:10 AM   #4

Shonalyn HB User
I'd check out Drysol...make sure the ingredients are different from what you are using though cause it sounds like you are allergic to something in the product you are using.

I just started using Drysol and found it worked after the first night. You put it on before bed and wash it off in the morning. I put deoderant on as well but I don't really need it...I find my underarms are like when you sit on a leather sofa on a hot day...you kinda stick...well thats how my underarms feel after I use Drysol so I put deoderant on to moisten them a bit!

Good luck! I hope you aren't allergic to Drysol cause it REALLY does work!

cheers
Shona

Old 05-16-2003, 05:03 AM   #5

goldengoddess143 HB User
i have a question about certain ri...how lojng do u have to wait after bathing or shaving to use certan dri again? thanx

Old 05-17-2003, 08:02 PM   #6
(female)

Janette* HB User
How many strokes of the Certain Dri do you put on? More than 2 strokes can make you itch... And the reason you put it on at night is so it can close up the pores in your armpits while you sleep, so it will work the next day.

Old 05-23-2003, 04:43 PM   #7

Heather107 HB User
Certain Dri made my armpits itch at first also, after a few more applications over the next few days, the itching stopped.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:40 PM   #8

BossDogg HB User
I tried certain dry for the first time today already seeing results. I also ordered Maxim that's before I knew about certain dri. I am a instructor it was hard I me to teach at first I had to wear a jacket at times on hot days not anymore.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:36 AM   #9

Ddad26 HB User
I also am currently using Certain Dri ...it hasnt completely stopped my sweating , it has made a little difference and im not sweating as bad . It also itches when i put it on especially if I apply alot of it . Been wanting to try Drysol ...but dont you have to have a prescription for it ?

Old 09-08-2003, 08:25 PM   #10

ypelchat HB User
Unhappy

Hello;

I'm new to this board. I suffer of severe perspiration (under arm Hyperhidrosis), and I used to control, with mixed results, my problem with BRUT anti-perspirant DIN 02217201. But I can no longer find this antiperspirant anywhere.It was the only one to which I did not develop a rash. I'm desperate to find an alternate solution. I've heard about drysol ans Certain dri. Could this be the solution to my problem?

Any help appreciated.

[removed]

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 05-06-2004 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Do not post your e-mail address on these boards! Please read and follow our rules. Thank you.

Old 09-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #11

meeraboots HB User
Can I buy Drysol or Certain Dri in Canada? If so, where?!?!

Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 PM   #12

chalk HB User
Smile

I haven't been able to find certain dry in ontario yet but they do sell drysol over the counter in shoppers drug mart (you'll have to go and ask for it from the pharmacist but you do not need a perscription). I want to try certain dry because it's less powerful than drysol I believe, if anyone knows where you can find in canada, please post

Old 10-14-2003, 08:02 PM   #13

wingnut14 HB User
Smile

i have had problems with excessive underarm sweating for a few years. drove me crazy....i work in a dr.s office and we recently got samples of certain dri, so i snuck some home (LOL didn't want anyone to know) and wow----what a difference. This stuff works great. a little itchy if you use too much, but I can't believe the good results.

just wanted to share---------;-)

Old 10-15-2003, 06:46 PM   #14

meeraboots HB User
how often do you use drysol now? once a week?

Old 10-28-2003, 01:08 PM   #15

skaherl HB User
Unhappy

I tried using certain dri a few months ago and worked really well. All of a sudden, one day, it just stopped working. I followed all of the instructions, but it just stopped working. I sweat excessively, and I can't figure out why certain dri just stopped working. Any advice?

Closed Thread