It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

babyduck25 HB User
My head feels like its on FIRE..... help

can someone please help me. Today i felt like i was going to pass out so i sat down, and my head all of the sudden felt like it was burning on fire.. It lasted for like 30 minutes. It scared me really bad. I get really bad headaches alot but never has it felt like that.. can someone please help....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: My head feels like its on FIRE..... help

i really do think a trip to at least your primary doc is in order.just for an evaluation of your symptoms.he or she could then send you to a neurologist for a much deeper more thorough eval.obtaining an MRI with contrast on your brain and c spine areas wouldn't hurt either.
when you say it feels like its on fire,is this an actual feeling of real "burning' or is it just feeling really really "hot'.there IS a difference.is this sensation within your brain(or feels that way)or more just surrounding it like the outside/skull area but in the skin?can you describe just how the head pain presents,or headaches?

there just could be so many possible reasons for what you are feeling that could be related to the brain and arteries or even just a problem with one of the cranial nerves that go from the c spine and back up into the head again or just right in the facial areas and surrounding the head.this is why you need to really see your doc.the MRI really would be a beneficial thing for you as far as trying to see if anything obvious would show itself on the scan.it would also rule out or in alot of possibilities with this one test.but these are pretty strong symptoms that really do need to be looked into.just an FYI here but when i had my brain aneurysm(beleive me all i am saying is this could be arterial in nature not that you have one)one of my strongest symptoms were what i called 'heat flushes" that would start at the top of my head then just slowly kind of 'flush" on down thru my neck and dissapate into the shoulder areas.wierd stuff.but these generally came on suddenly and were gone in like under ten seconds.this was just plain old 'heat" no actual burning,just really felt hot.you just really do need to see your doc about this,its just not normal,therefore it needs looking into.it may not be anything really huge here ya know?but you wont find out anything til you at least see your doc and get the ball rolling towards finding the culprit.good luck in this and please let me know what you find out,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread