It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
(male)

tazmir HB User
what is the causes of burning sensation in abdomen

what is the causes of burning sensation in abdomen

Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: what is the causes of burning sensation in abdomen

Perhaps excess acid in the stomach caused by stress, or eating foods which contribute the excess acid like tomatoes, citrus, alcohol, coffee, spicy foods, tea, etc. Have you tried something like Pepcid or Tums--something to neutralize the acid? If you cut down on the culprit foods and the antacids don't help, you need to see a doctor to safeguard against a possible ulcer or acid reflux. Hope you feel better soon!
Soibhan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2007, 01:30 AM   #3
(male)

tazmir HB User

thanks for ur answer.i hv another question.if patient hv severe burning pain in chest region,mainly burning pain in left side of chest but not radiate in left arm or face.is this patient can get myocardial infarction?or it's gastroesopahgeal reflex?patient another symptoms was nausea,vomiting.thanks for ur 1st answer.bye.mehedi

Old 12-31-2007, 01:37 AM   #4
(male)

tazmir HB User
Re: what is the main causes barning pain in chest

one patient have severe burning pain in chest region but pain not radiate in left arms or face,another complaints was nausea,vomiting,this patient may get myocardial infraction?or its gastroesophageal reflex.because of severe gastroesophageal reflex patient may die?i'm waiting for this answer,thanks. mehedi

Old 01-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I feel rather inadequate to answer this question--I am not a medical person. When I suffered from gall bladder disease, I had pain and burning in the upper left side of my chest. It was extremely painful and no pain radiated into my arm, shoulder or jaw. However, anytime a person has chest pain that isn't relieved quickly by an antacid, he/she needs to be seen by a doctor. Even young people can have heart problems. So I would say, see a doctor.
Soibhan

Old 01-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
(female)

majmom HB User

I read online somewhere that a Peptic Ulcer causes burning sensation in stomach area. It also said that taking an aspirin daily would cause this. I have just started having these symptoms and I was taking the aspirin. I have stopped taking them for about a week now and I still have the burning when I eat. It is not acid reflux because that is feeling is more like heartburn which I already have every now and then. I probably should go have an upper GI thingy done...ugh...but will see what happens in the next few weeks without the aspirin. It also said taking meds for osteoporisis could cause the Peptic Ulcers too. They are ulcers that are holes in the lining of your stomach or on their way to being holes anyway. If you ****** Peptic Ulcers you can read more.

Closed Thread