It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

LifeByWater HB User
Question Strange numbness

So, over the summer I noticed that the side of my big toe had gone numb, but it was (and is) not noticeable so I just ignored it.

The starting a month or so ago another part of me started to go numb. A small area on top of my 'sex-organ' started to go a little numb, but I again ignored it. Now in the last week or so more has gone numb, and it seems to be spreading out...

Also, just today it seems that my tongue has lost it's feeling. It doesn't feel novacaine numb, but it feels awkward, and I tried scratching it with my finger nail and I don't really feel anything (but I can still taste). Also with that the area around my chin has gone somewhat numb, or basically it has dull feeling now. I can feel, but it doesn't feel like it should.

Everything still works, and otherwise I feel completely healthy but I was wondering what is going on with me?? I don't have health insurance and the spring semester starts Monday so I don't want to (nor will I have time) to worry about this.

I'm 20, male, don't smoke or drink (or do drugs), and I do exercise...

I was wondering if maybe this is some kind of blood problem so I picked up some vitamins that supposedly deal with the heart and blood (Omega 3, and iron vitamins). I've been taking a B complex vitamin for awhile, though not every day.

Any advice (besides go to a doctor...No health insurance, no time, and there is no way I could walk in there and describe this) would be great.

I'm not dying, lol, am I? Is my nervous system shutting itself down or something? I mean nothing looks like it's out of blood, and everything functions, but I just can't 'feel' right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Strange numbness

Okay, first off, it sounds more like a nerve problem than a blood problem to me. As an adult male, the one vitamin you shouldn't need is iron, unless you have some special circumstance. Stop it. Take B vitamins instead.

The fact that it's spreading leads me to think you really should get it checked out. Can you possibly buy health insurance through school? Or even privately as an individual? If so, get it, then see a doctor. That way, if you do have something dreadfully expensive, it's not a preexisting condition. Or, can you go to the school clinic, at least for a few tests? If not, you may have to bite the bullet and pay a few hundred dollars to see a doctor and have blood tests or brain tests or whatever.

I don't know what could cause that. Do you have any weakness? Do you drop things? If someone touches you on a numb area, do you know it?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
(male)

coolied HB User
Re: Strange numbness

diabetic neuropathy? get sugar checked, as neuropathy can get better, but not if it's untreated for too long

Closed Thread