It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
(male)

jbintliff HB User
STRANGE STRANGE Feelings

Hey this started bout middle of december..ill tell u everything, i got this strange stomach flu and thought it was deadly so i stressed about it, and i would get panick attacks, then on christmas day my grandma died but even before that i was feeling this way, i went through a depression for a while... I STRESSED AND STRESSED about what kind of strange sickness i had. I went to the doctor and they said I had depression and anxiety, well im not depressed anymore but i get these strange symptoms all the time now
* hard to breath almost CONSTANTLY
* a strange feelin in my heart sometimes, tightness
* Heart palpitations ecspeccially when i start to excersize
* pressure headaches
* a strange lumpy painful feeling in the bottom of my throat
* rare sharp shooting pains in my head
* frightning and paranoid thoughts once in a while
* Im always tired
* general chest pains
* tingly feelings throughout body
* rare feelings of dizziness and fainting
* fear of sleeping and things
* heartburn ocassionally

Is this Anxiety still?? i have solved most of my problems but i dont know why these keep coming back, is there a reason is this still Anxiety Disorder? PLZ help!!

Last edited by jbintliff; 01-19-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: STRANGE STRANGE Feelings

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Perhaps you are experiencing anxiety from grief over your loss. Also, when a close family member dies, we often identify with them and begin to be aware of our own mortality. What you describe could certainly be anxiety-related. However, I think you'd feel a lot better if you speak with your doctor and he/she can reassure you and possibly prescribe medication to help. I would definitely advise you to see your doctor. Hope you feel better soon!
Soibhan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
(male)

jbintliff HB User

Ya but i have gotten rid of my stresses and im over the grandma thing i just still get these strange symptoms...i just wanna know that im not dying

Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
(female)

momof1goodson HB User
Wink Re: STRANGE STRANGE Feelings

Maybe not just anxiety but have you thought maybe Panic Attacks?? ?
I too, am very sorry to hear of your loss. I recently lost my Dad and I know how deep grief can run and how severe it can be. Please keep in mind, grief effects different ppl different ways, and can last for years for some. So please dont disregard that part, talk to others and get support if needed.
I also have other things in common with you. I was diagnosed with having an Anxiety Disorder about 10 years ago. I had many of the same symptoms you described.. hard to breath, tightness in chest, fatigue, etc. I however, am 40 years old, so naturally, I assumed heart disease. Talk about freaking out! But, the good news was it wasnt heart disease but anxiety AND it was a treatable condition. I have anxiety/panic attacks due to the large amount of seritonin that my brain releases. My doc prescribed an anti anxiety/anti depressent, Lexapro. It has completely done away with all of my symptoms. Prior to that, he tried Prozac, Zanex (sp?) or is it Xanex? and other meds. I was pretty much a zombie but was also going through a terrible divorce with a very young child in tow, so being a zombie was probably the best thing at that point. Over the years, I began to recognize and immediatly identify my symptoms as anxiety. I would like to offer some suggestions, but Im not a doc, just someone like you.
1st-talk to your doc. Explain all symptoms. Even print out your posting and take to your doc for them to read. Or email it to him.
2nd-Do EXACTLY like your doc tells you to do. Dont skip your meds, or take more than you should. Get plenty of sleep with the help of over the counter sleep aids, if medicine is ok to take with them. Try to keep a healthy diet. NEXT and one of the MAIN THINGs is get out of the house! Sitting around will not make you feel better, it will only give you more alone time to think, ponder and worry about how you are feeling. Go walk around the yard, go to the store, just to look around. DO NOT HOLE UP IN YOUR BEDROOM. Its unhealthy, even for someone who isnt anxiety prone. Exercise, is a tremendous healer, even just walking around the mall does wonders and occupys your mind with other things. With anxiety, I found the more I thought about my symptoms, the worse they became.
If you have a friend or family member you are close to, tell them how you are feeling. They can be support when you need it and can help "talk you down" when symptoms arise.
Eventually, you will be able to "talk yourself down" until your symptoms eventually do not come back. I like to describe it like a huge tidal wave. I can see it coming (giving the situation I find myself in, like broke down with a flat tire, or getting ready to do a speech), then the wave gets closer and closer and closer. (this describes my symptoms becoming more and more intense) until eventually, it hits. And I feel TERRIBLE all of a sudden. But the wave or symptoms reside or become less and less. Then here comes another wave. This goes on sometimes for 1/2 hour at a time. When I first see that wave coming, I start to take deep breaths and tell myself, it is only anxiety. I chant sometimes "this too will pass" over and over and breath deep in and out. Believe it or not, this actually works to reduce and sometime totally elimate the wave altogether. Try it and please let us know how it works for you. I do not know what your experiencing, but I can certainly understand. Anxiety is a life changing problem and can be EXTREMELY controlling, even crippling at times. And remember, YOU WILL BE FINE!

Last edited by momof1goodson; 01-21-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: missed words

Old 01-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #5
(male)

jbintliff HB User

Ya i was having those feelings, now i have frightning thoughts about God and wether or not he exists and its scaring me...DAH i hate this....like its always on my mind and i just wanna go crazy. This is always coming back and affecting my mind

Old 01-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
(male)

TacEMT HB User

Have your thyroid check with a regular blood test first then I would suggest telling your doctor that you believe that you are having panic attacks with possibly an underlying panic disorder. One thing that I can tell you is that you need to tell yourself that you will be fine when you are experiencing the attacks and try to have your significant love one get you distracted by starting a conversation about something you enjoy doing. I've been through this and my panic attacks were caused by my thyroid but that is not always the case so I tried to give you a couple of different ideas. Just tell yourself that you lived through the last attack you will live through this one. Take it from someone who has been through it for many years. Also get up and go outside and walk around (which distracts you too). Try to write down in a journal everytime once the panic attack is over what the trigger was. Good luck by the way paxil and lexapro are 2 good anxiety/depression medications.

Closed Thread