It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

Kagome100 HB User
belly button ring pussing?

Im not sure where to put this so i'll put it here. I got my belly done around 3 weeks ago, well the first week it was red and very painfull, it got better tho. On the 2nd week it stopped being red and painfull i can touch it now without any pain, but it starting pussing a little, nto alot but every day i can push on it and a little whiteish puss would come out. I would clean it off and not worry about it. Should i be worried?
and what is the best stuff to clean it with, i use soap?

Old 01-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: belly button ring pussing?

There could be some type of infection in it. My daughter had her eyebrow pierced and it done the same thing. You need to clean it with Peroxide at least 3 times a day. If it doesn't get any better, you need to see the doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

Kagome100 HB User

I been asking around and people keep telling me Peroxide is very bad for it and can make it worse. I had a few tell me to use soap and the person that did the percing told me to use baby sampoo no clue why he said that. Well thanks, if it does not get better i'll go see a doctor.

Last edited by Kagome100; 01-26-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

I know that's what my daughter used and she also used alcohol. She also used neosporin on it which is an anti-botic cream you can buy over the counter. Her ears have done the same way. You could also be allergic to used in the belly button ring as well. Some people can only use gold posts.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
(male)

Benjamin01 HB User

Body piercings usually secrete a puss-like fluid - this is a perfectly normal part of the healing process. I find salt-water accelerates the healing process much quicker than antibiotic creams - and it is a lot cheaper as well.

Use a cotton-bud (q-tip) alongside the salt-water to clean away any discharge (remembering to wash your hands thoroughly beforehand), which also includes any crust on the jewellery itself. If the problem persists consult your GP.

PS: Do not use alcohol or peroxide; they are too strong for a piercing and will only dry it out thus hindering the healing process. Also, do not over-clean the piercing - it will only make it worse.

Last edited by Benjamin01; 01-28-2008 at 01:19 PM.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
(female)

Kagome100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin01 View Post
Body piercings usually secrete a puss-like fluid - this is a perfectly normal part of the healing process. I find salt-water accelerates the healing process much quicker than antibiotic creams - and it is a lot cheaper as well.

Use a cotton-bud (q-tip) alongside the salt-water to clean away any discharge (remembering to wash your hands thoroughly beforehand), which also includes any crust on the jewellery itself. If the problem persists consult your GP.

PS: Do not use alcohol or peroxide; they are too strong for a piercing and will only dry it out thus hindering the healing process. Also, do not over-clean the piercing - it will only make it worse.

thanks, its not hurting or red so im sure its fine. I can try the salt-water cleaning way, can i ask what kind of salt water do i buy it at a store?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #7
(female)

lawrain HB User

i agree with the last comment. Salt water is definintely the best thing to clean it with. Because it isn't as abrasive as peroxide it doesn't strip away natural antibodies which can help to keep an infection at bay. I woulld use it twice a day and be gentle with the piercing to allow the scar tissue to form. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
(male)

Benjamin01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagome100 View Post
thanks, its not hurting or red so im sure its fine. I can try the salt-water cleaning way, can i ask what kind of salt water do i buy it at a store?
There really is no need to purchase saline solution, you can easily make it yourself. Add a little salt (approximately 1/2 teaspoon) to a small cup of boiled water. Obviously wait for the water to cool to a bearable temperature before using!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
(female)

xxsweetemptton HB User

dont worry
i just got mine done like last week and it puss and like i was cleaning it with salt water but i used idolized salt water and thats not good then i also used neosporin and it got a lil better and then it was still little red then i got BACTINE which you should all get and it makes the redness go away and everything its soo goood

Closed Thread