It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
(female)

bunny32 HB User
Troubles with nipple ring

I got my nipple done about a year and a half ago. I still have troubles with it pussing and stuff like that, is that normal? What can I do to make it stop? It will be fine for months at a time and then there will be problems. Also does anyone know how it will heal up if I were to take it out? I haven't taken it out before because i'm scared, will it be disformed? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Troubles with nipple ring

Hey there I had both my nipples pierced about 10 years ago. Most painful piercing I EVER GOT. By now it really shouldn't be pussing. How do you clean it? DON'T use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide! Use soap and water and twist through back and forth. I use regular dover soap. In the beginning I used anti-bacterial soap. You can try using sea salt and lukewarm water. Mix it in a small dixie cup. Lean forward and press breast against the cup...press firmly and sit up or lay down with it for about 10 mins. everyday. This often helps infections. Avoid bacitracin and neosporin now since it can trap bacteria.

I would have problems off and on only after "encounters." I took out one of mine and have a permanent hole. Not to be gross but I do have to squeeze both sides every couple of days because it does get pus inside. But, again, I had it for a long time. Perhaps yours will close up...? I am not deformed at all.

If there is an infection don't take it out until you get it checked at the tattoo shop or preferably by a dermatologist as this can cause a further problem.

Bella

Last edited by tattoogirl; 02-04-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

bunny32 HB User

Thanks for the advice! I ended up stopping in at a piercing place, thinking if I changed from a ring to a bar bell that it might make the differance, when she took it out it was bleeding a bit! She said that since there was a little bit of blood that she just doesn't think that my body was excepting the piercing and she just thought it was best that I leave it out. I took her advice, I'm just sick of dealing with it at times. I hope it heals up without any problems!!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
(male)

SomeGuy11205 HB User

sounds similar to when i got my nose pierced...basically it did get infected and i had trouble with it for about 8 months....i ended up doing as the guy above said and used peroxide daily and made sure i was rotating the earing inside the piercing often so as to avoid it healing itself and attaching itself to the earing. Eventually it all cleared up and it's fine now...no puss at all.....so best of luck to ya.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
(female)

bunny32 HB User

I thought that you shouldn't use peroxide or alcohol? Thats what I have always been told. Salt water is suppost to be good but not even that helped! Oh well its gone, I guess its kind of an excuse to get something else done now!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny32 View Post
I thought that you shouldn't use peroxide or alcohol? Thats what I have always been told. Salt water is suppost to be good but not even that helped! Oh well its gone, I guess its kind of an excuse to get something else done now!
hehehehe....new piercing ....yippy. DEFINITELY DON'T use alcohol or hydrodrine peroxide! I LOVED Mederma! I used it on my nose ring and it healed like magic....absolutely no problems! It was supposed to take a full year to heal and had no problems after less than a month. Maybe you can try this on your nipple now....or your new piercing.

Bella

Closed Thread