It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
(male)

vf31 HB User
Unhappy pinkish blood in my stool

im a 23 year old male,

this morning i had to go number 2 and it was mostly diarrhea,. and after wiping i noticed pink coloring on the tp....right away i got nervous...and well all day ive been worried....im hoping its not anything serious, i do plan on going to the doc for it....ive gone to the bathroom a few times after cuz its diarrhea and it sucks, and each time theres been some pink blood... im not sure why i have diarrhea first of all...and im not a doctor but im sure its a blood thing and not discolored from some food i ate.

i do kno my diet is ******....lately i havent been eating very healthy and some days not eating quite a big amount of food due to lack of money and i dont drive....my weight seems alright and all....but i really would bet im not getting enough nutrients at all...i do plan to change this...

i guess im posting cuz, theres nothing right this moment i can do about the blood and diarrhea and i feel like, just sitting here, my body is bleeding for some reason on the inside and i cant relax.

ive read it could be hemorroids or maybe low fiber? or scariest of all even cancer...

im not looking for a diagnosis here, and i kno the best thing to do is see my doctor, and an appointment will be made if this persists, and maybe even still if it doesnt.

but is there anything anyone can say to help me calm down in the short term?

Last edited by vf31; 02-24-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: pinkish blood in my stool

Please try to relax. It would be rare for someone your age to have colon cancer, however, I do think you need to be checked out. When I was about your age, I had almost the same thing and it turned out to be food poisoning. I think maybe it was salmonella?? Just go to your doctor, let him/her check you over and see what's ailing you. As far as your diet goes--if you know you're not eating healthy then by all means change it! Add fiber--whole grains, fruits, vegetables. Take a multi-vitamin daily. I feel certain you'll be fine, but please consult with your doctor to be sure!
Soibhan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2008, 06:14 AM   #3
(male)

vf31 HB User

thanks for the reply, my doctor is aware at this point

all last night and now i have bad abdominal pain...not sure if thats linked to all this...im guessing yea

Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
(male)

vf31 HB User

welp, i just got back from the ER, i had such bad abdominal pains i had to go in and get looked at right away.

my iron and blood was all normal, x rays normal too,

they are thinking its a form of colitis, maybe from stress and poor diet,

they said they didnt see anything leading towards a hemorrhoid.

and of course no ones really thinking cancer..

so im a little relieved, but i do have have a follow up to get scoped...not really looking forward to that, but i hear they will sedate me a bit.

so yea for anyone who cares, thats the news.

i dont kno what i would have done if i had to wait a day to see a doctor, i was really nervous.

Last edited by vf31; 02-25-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

Try not to worry if you're having a colonoscopy. I had one when I turned 50. I had to be on a clear liquid diet for 24 hrs. and take all the pills to make me 'clean' and that part wasn't too much fun. But the scope wasn't anything. The doctor gave me an IV with some very nice medicine in it and I did very well. My husband drove me home afterwards and I slept for a couple hours, then I felt great. I would advise you to enjoy your time off work and try not to worry beause I'm sure you'll be fine. HOpe you feel better!
Soibhan

Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
(male)

vf31 HB User

thanks so much, you have been a big help in all this im glad i posted this here.

take care.

Closed Thread