It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
(male)

Marc2112 HB User
Complications post abdominal surgeryand mid line incision issues

I had surgery last may with a complex closure.For lysis of intestinal adhesions. I've had numerous surgeries for abdomen scarring ,But this one I havent recovered .The Dr. folded one Ab wall under the other about 5 in. Im not sure if it pertains to my problem but I've been having serious continuous muscle contractions causing incontinence ,dizziness ,confusion ,pallor skin all vascular , GI issues .All blood work came back fine, I also had an MRI/MRA which revealed there is mild ostial stenosis of the celiac artery. I also had a CT impression mild distention of multiple small bowel loops right abdomen with mild wall thickening, 8cm segment of narrowing without complete obstruction . My main question is my case has become very complex I've got other opinions but Dr's are clueless I need a surgeon that does complex medical procedures but what type of surgeon?I went to vascular surgeons to no avail,Any good medical advice would be appreciated I was thinking reconstruction with lysis adhesion Surgeon but what kind any help i'd be grateful

Old 02-27-2008, 04:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User
Re: Complications post abdominal surgeryand mid line incision issues

Marc,

My suggestion would be to go to a major medical facility. I have found out the hard way when it comes to "Complex" medical issues, or if there were complications, there ARE'NT many Doctors that WILL take on the case! If they were'nt the one who did the intional procedure, more than likely they won't touch you. Especialy if it isnt an easy fix! For the fear of lawsuits! I have been turned away by MANY, and those being very blunt, stating that "I'm a lawsuit waiting to happen" (I have NEVER sued anyone in my life!) So the statement makes me angry everytime I hear it!
I travel 300 miles ONE WAY to a major medical facility just for treatment! I recently had lung surgery(At the major medical facility), and tried to get into a local pulmologist just for a follow up x-ray, so I would'nt have to travel that far for a meer x-ray, Well in that visit, he told me that It was TOO complex for him, and to "concider myself MARRIED to the facility"! I assured him "IF" I ever needed anything done I would go to the Facility, BUT that I just needed a follow up x-ray. He said NO, that there was such a thing as having "too many hands in the pot", and he wouldnt do it.
NEVER In my life did I think a Doctor would Turn YOU AWAY! But it as I said happens, especialy if you have "complex" medical issues.
Sorry to hear your going through this, but I really believe you would have much better luck with a major medical facility, with Doctors that have "Passion" to WANT to help!
I wish you the best!
Take care, and GOd bless,
Annette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread