It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
(male)

wondermoose HB User
Bump on thumb

So I've got this little bump on the last knuckle of my thumb. Not sure what it is exactly. Someone said maybe it's a Bible bump (whatever that is) but it doesn't really look much like what I've found on the internet. It's not HUGE, but you can definitely tell there's something there. Looks and feels like a BB is stuck under the skin. Anyways, it doesn't hurt and I'm not too concerned about it, but I'd like to know what it is. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Bump on thumb

it is probably whats called a ganglion cyst.i had one once on the side of my finger.it did eventually go away on its own.do you know why they call them bible cysts?its becasue when people used to get these little things(way back when) someone would take a heavy book(like a bible) and smack the heck out of it trying to pop it.i heard this story when i had mine.i think i would much rather just live with it.i really doubt it is anything to be overly worried about.you can have this evaluated by your doc if it really concerns you.but i do think mine just eventually went away on its own.it was a very long time ago.look up ganglion cysts and see how yours compares to what they talk about. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread