It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
(female)

claudia20051985 HB User
been ill for 3 weeks whats wrong with me

been ill for 3 weeks whats wrong with me.It started off with severe stomach pains that lasted 24hours then I felt sick all week then got the pains again and was being sick since then keep being sick every other day or retching,my glands are up in my neck making it hard to swallow,I have no energy and generally feel rough like I have a hangover everyday.I have ruled out pregnancy and dont know whats wrong with me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: been ill for 3 weeks whats wrong with me

I think a visit to the doctor is in order.. hard to say what it is, may just be a very bad virus, but the 3 weeks is a long time to be sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
(female)

claudia20051985 HB User

I am going back on monday hoping for some answers but unfortunately my doctor isnt very good I did have glandular fever nearly two years ago can you get it twice cos my symptoms are very similar or m.e?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
(female)

shannonjord08 HB User

claudia,
I had Mono back in 1997 and felt the same thing you're feeling now. Maybe get tested for it. I hope everything goes well for you.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
(female)

claudia20051985 HB User

thankyou yes Im hoping they will do some tests Monday for it I cant get over how ive got worse over the last month and everything is in effort like taking my son for a 20 minute walk today and was so worn out I fell asleep for two hours

Old 03-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #6
(female)

shannonjord08 HB User

claudia,
Do you have an appetite? Are you fevered? Just a few more things that I wanted to know. I didn't have an appetite, but I can't remember if I was fevered or not. It's been over 11 years ago. However, this past November, I wound up having Mono again along with bronchitis and pneumonia. The Mono wasn't as bad as it was back in 97. I did lose weight the first time I had Mono. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I know how it feels to feel like that. Get well soon!!!
Shannon

Old 03-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #7
(female)

claudia20051985 HB User

My appetite is odd I will look at food and feel sick but know im hungry and then i will either retch or be sick after eating havent had a fever but very sweaty at night..the glands are the worst which is probably whats making me feel sick..You sound like you had a really rough time of it

Old 03-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #8
(female)

shannonjord08 HB User

claudia,
I did have a hard time with it. When I had Mono, I did get a little hungry, but couldn't eat much. I would take a few bites and then get sick to my stomach. You seem to be having the same symptoms that resemble Mono, but I would get checked out just to be sure. I was told that once you have Mono, you will have it the rest of your life, which means, it stays in your system and are apt to get it again. Just be sure to get yourself checked out soon. The funny thing was the fisrt time I had it, I had to tell my doctor to check me for Mono. I told him all of my symptoms; tired all the time, no energy, not very hungry and he had no clue as to what was wrong with me. It's sad that I had to tell a doctor to test me for Mono.
Keep me posted as to how you're feeling and what you find out.
Well wishes for you!!!
Shannon

Just a thought, but is there a possibility of being pregnant?

Last edited by shannonjord08; 03-07-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added more

Old 03-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #9
(female)

claudia20051985 HB User

Hi,Well I thought thats what it wasoriginally that I was pregnant but i have done two tests at different times and both negative,Yes it sounds the same to what you had im having to see a nurse Monday because my doctor is awful and he is the only doctor there at the moment but at least the nurse will be able to do blood tests etc.I had glandular fever two years ago and Ive been ok since its just this last month that something is not right but I will let you know what happens x thankyou x

Closed Thread