It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
(male)

curtis70sc HB User
wheezing or gurgling

wheezing or gurgling while exhaling what is this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
(male)

user12543 HB User
Re: wheezing or gurgling

possilby asthma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

I agree with the above poster. It could be allergies. Plus it could be bronchitis. My sister has viral bronchitis which has been hanging around for awhile. She has the same symptoms as you and they gave her an inhaler (not sure if they gave her anything else). Get to the doctor so they can listen to your chest with a stethoscope and they might send you for a chest x-ray. hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

in most cases,it would be some level of restriction within the upper airway. you would be hearing other types of noises if this were further down into the actual lungs. but wheezing is a possible indicator of an asthmatic type of condition. just exactly what do you mean by 'gurgling"? what do you hear when you breathe in vs breathing out? i would at the very least,make an appt with your doc for a good listen to your chest and look into your throat.you just need to find out where the sound is being created and why.

there could be many different reasons you are actually hearing this,they just need to be ruled out or tested for. this could just be a simple viral type thing or something that could be causing some level of swelling along a part of your airway too. you just need to know. good luck and please keep us posted. FB

Old 03-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Gurgling could be some heart failure. If the heart isn't strong enough to keep the fluids moving through your lungs the fluid backs up there.

Closed Thread