Multiple issues, trouble figuring out what's wrong ?
Perhaps someone on the forums might have some idea of what I'm suffering from ?
- Sore throat. To the point where everytime I swallow, I can feel as if something in the front of my throat is stuck. This feeling is multiplied by 100 fold if I eat rice (no I don't have any food allergies). I can drink all the water I like (trust me I've tried 4L of water in a 1.5 hour time frame with no luck) and eat whatever, it doesn't help.
- Dizziness. Not too bad, but rapid head movements put me off balance. Never fallen or anything that severe, I can still drive perfectly fine, but it is a strange feeling.
- A bit of a stuffy nose. Not in the sense of a cold, just feels like it's plugged a little bit or so.
- Upset stomach / nauseous. When I eat something, I feel sick, like I want to throw it up, but I never do.
- Tiredness. I feel tired all the time. I can sleep 8 hours a night and wake up perfectly fine. However, I could also sleep longer if I choose to.
- Slight fever has presented itself, mainly at night time when I go to sleep.
- Headaches. I do get the occasional one here and there, but I've been getting them more frequently (every 3 days or so for a few hours). Acetaminophen solves the headache easily.
Possible (could be completely unrelated) Symptoms:
- Loss of feeling in legs and arms. It is very brief and an adjustment of how I'm sitting usually solves it right away. Generally only happens when sitting, the odd time when lying down. Today I have a tingling sensation in my left hand, goes away for about a minute then comes back. Had it for several hours now.
- Very brief, occasional, random slightly blurred vision. Happens when I'm not wearing my corrective lenses. It usually happens when I'm tired and haven't gotten a proper sleep (have had this for years and years, blame it on my vision).
I have been experiencing these symptoms for 4 months now. It began with the sore throat, with the dizziness presenting itself about 6 weeks ago, and the rest of the symptoms presenting about 3 weeks ago.
I am not allergic to any foods. Dry air is not to blame because I have already purchased an expensive humidifier. Nothing in my household has really changed. I own 2 dogs, but have had them for several years now. I have switched from tap water to bottled water and back, changed shower soap, tried changing all kinds of little things to see if it would fix my problems. No luck.
Family doctor has checked all my glands, BP, heart rate, basic full body exam, and nothing is out of the ordinary. I have seen him several times over the past few months, originally we both believed it was viral, such as the common cold.
Here's the kicker that puzzles my family doctor and myself:
If I have a drink at night time (I like a mix of 1 Corona and 1 oz of Tequila mixed in), the following morning and most of the whole day, my throat no longer bothers me. It is as if it disappears completely, just to come back again.
My family doctor has prescribed me both antibiotics and allergy medication to see if either help. I am currently testing 1 weeks worth of allergy medication, on my second day and no visible changes. Next week I will be attempting the antibiotic treatment.
Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm suffering from ? It's more completely annoying than anything else and I would eat dirt if it would solve whatever I have. I KNOW this is not something like the common cold, it's lasted too long and it just "feels" different. I have good faith in my family doctor, but without the presence of anything he can physically see wrong with me, it's tough to figure out how to diagnose or treat me.
Last edited by Mod08; 03-30-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Reason: Do not bump threads - Please remember the boards tend to be slower on the weekend.