It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

jbean3 HB User
Long lasting virus . . . can anyone relate?

My symptoms started with a cold and the typical fatigue that goes with it. Six weeks later I am still dealing with severe fatigue. I get winded doing hardly anything and my head feels kind of heavy and foggy. I have the occasional days when I have pretty good energy, but then I get smacked down again. I went to the doctor to rule out mono, but my blood tests were normal. Doc thinks its just a long lasting virus. Anyone out there have the same thing? I just want to know how much longer or if I should be considering that it is something else. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
(female)

marnb77 HB User
Re: Long lasting virus . . . can anyone relate?

Hi Jbean,
I just got over a 5 week virus, of low grade fever, loss of appetite, fatigue, nausea etc. I had every test under the sun and everything checked out. The only thing elevated was my sed rate. Has your doctor done this test? Sometimes viruses can last a long time and just need to run their course. See how you feel in a few days. Keep me posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

Can someone tell me what is this virus that everyone has this year>? My husband, sister, two sisters in law and a nephew who now has pneumonia have had this same thing. You feel awful, lose your voice, have green phlegm, tired, and cannot get over it. All of us live in different states too.

Can you top this? I have been sick 6 months with this "something." If you have what I have had you will need some time to fully recover. Since I started with a virus and ended up with a sinus infection mine has lasted 6 months...

Christmas 07 I had what seemed like a bad cold...I went into winter not really shaking it but not going to doc, cuz I kept thinking it would end with cedar season ending.

It got so bad in March with coughing up sputum, etc. So doc gave me a cortisone shot and a Zpak. Did not work for more than 2 weeks. Back to him and he gave me Levaquin and claritin for allergies. A month later I had a bronchial cough.

Finally a CT scan showed my sinus infection in May. The doc said I had this new bug probably back at Christmas and because of allergies it settled in my sinuses with bacteria and has been tormenting me ever since.

I am on my 4th day of Levaquin (again) and I finally feel like I am getting better. But i still have the cough. He said that until the drainage from the sinus infec stops i will cough.

Last edited by golfhat; 05-09-2008 at 08:12 AM.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

Cannot say for sure what is causing your problems but I do know that whatever virus they set the flu shots up for, the shots did not work on a lot of people because the virus mutated. Mutated viruses tend to be a lot nastier than the original.

Just to let you know, in the beginning of January, my husband, his brother and his sister had flu-like stuff going on that lasted well into the end of February. Fatigue and constant coughing were their main symptoms.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lindaru

Closed Thread