It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
(male)

trewsx7 HB User
Question Question about sunburns

Hello all! New poster here with a simple question regarding bad sunburns.

I received a really bad sunburn over the Memorial Day weekend, was out in the sun at a barbeque on the beach for 2 days without any sunblock.

My question is this: after you finished peeling, will the new layer of skin be darker than your natural skintone, or will you effectively "peel" the tan off, so that you remain with the same color skin before the sunburn?

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: Question about sunburns

In my experience, when I've had really bad sunburn, after the skin peels off, it's usually the same color it was before the burn, or just a little bit darker.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Depends on your skin. If you tan easily, you might wind up with a tan even after peeling. A guy I know, from south China, has skin that is naturally olive and is very dry, hence after sun exposure he will peel, then tan really, really dark. If you are fair and have trouble tanning at all, you'll probably peel back to the same shade you were before.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
(male)

rulestein2 HB User

How often do you visit your chiropractor? I don't sunburn, but that is because I see a chiropractor often.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
(female)

littlesadone HB User

Everyone seems to be different....depends upon your skin type....I had a really bad burn.....blistered....it left me with dark blothes all over my neck and shoulders.....I will NEVER burn again.......good luck with yours.

Curious, rulestein: How does a chiropractor keep you from burning? What does he do for that?

Closed Thread