It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #16
(female)

kellibear HB User
Re: Serrapeptase - Silkworm Enzyme

drs, from what i've read this would really help your sister after her hip surgery. i've been taking 60,000u a day now and it is helping with joint pain, but i think the biggest benefit from serrapeptase is one we can't see--and that is cleaning the gunk out of our arteries--the MAIN cause of heart disease and heart attacks. it works like a scavenger, cleaning up all the metabolic debris. lots of studies showing how it helps people post-op with pain and swelling.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

The only problem right now is she can't work and hasn't been able to since last fall. She does want to get some and is really just home from the hospital. She also has thin blood so the worry is if something breaks open from the surgery she may be in trouble with the thin blood. I think she wants to heal up a bit yet, she has a bone infection and a bunch of staples in her hip, on big antibiotics that are put in her IV line twice a day, she's at home and has to flush the line every time she does her antibiotics. Just found out in a blood test that she also has lymes disease. I'm sure that would take a diff. antibiotic to take care of that. She seems to be losing muscle in her hand between her thumb and forefinger also. What a mess huh? I count my blessings that I don't have all that going on with my health. I'm on easy street compared to her. She will go on the SW Enzyme as soon as she can. She's very interested in doing it in the future, after she heals up some. Thanks for the response and I'm glad you are finally getting some relief! Diana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #18
(female)

Crimson609 HB User
Question Re: Serrapeptase - Silkworm Enzyme

Hi All,

I've had a nightmare trying to find this in the uk, health food shops look blankly at me! Just managed to track it down. Bit confused as I've found it in 20000, 40000, 60000, 80000 tablets, at varying prices do u start of with the smallest or can u go 4 the 40000 as they are a better deal. I think I better check with the doctors about it before I buy some but am really overwhelmed about the dosage side of things. We all seem quite new to this one any1 got any ideas. Trouble is money is v tight at the minute so not sure whether to wait until after surgery to take it or to start now help!!

Last edited by Administrator; 12-03-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:15 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

So glad you posted here so we can talk at length and be on topic...according to what I've read, the only side effect is a thinning of the blood, for you and all the endo. which is fibrous type tissue along with scar tissue you've had in the past from removal of endometriosis I'd get the higher one at the better price.
If you look at the other posts they end up using the higher dose.
Your in so much pain and this acts as a pain blocker in the nerves. It also prevents swelling and inflammation. I would think you'd need the higher dose to make a difference with what is going on. If it comes in a pill form you may be able to cut it, but make sure you take it on an empty stomach so it works in the whole system of the body and not just as a digestive aid.

When women make endometriosis they also are making a lot of extra estrogens that produce this fibrin in the system, that is one of the main things you need it for, this 'enzyme' eats it up, it looks for it in the body and dissolves it.
(note:It even is suppose to work on cancerous cells because those cells have fibrin on them too, it improves the survival rate of cancers.)

At first I think it would most likely be helping with the pain and inflammation for you, but once the endo. is removed and you continue to take even at a lower dose you can prevent the endo. from returning. This is the best chance for you to have that baby you so desire. I really want this for you too, because you want it soooo bad! It's said that this is even safe for pregnant women to take and doesn't interfere with other prescription medications, only thing to watch out for is if your taking a blood thinner or your a bleeder and have a disorder of this type with the blood.

Inflammation is one of the main problems with any kidney disorder so I would think this would really be a major benefit for you to take.

The other issue you have is your back pain, again, this helps with pain, swellings around the nerves, injuries and scar tissues that put pressure on those nerves. It even works with people who have Fibromyalgia because it improves the blood flow, reduces the swelling and works on the pain.

It helps with hay fever allergic reactions, I know you have food allergies mostly right now, but, it would be interesting to see if it helped those problems for you too. I would think it would at least help some since an allergic reaction causes inflammation. Wouldn't you think?

The major thing to remember is to stop taking it a full two days before surgery and two days after the surgery.

The procedure that your having done soon...
I think you said July 22 and the 25, is that an invasive surgery? They won't be cutting anything that day will they? Aren't they just basically looking?
Another thought is once they get in there and look it might be that they decide to take you right in and do the procedure the next day. Usually they HAVE to wait at least a day if you've had anything to eat.

What I would do is the day before the 25th stop taking this enzyme, this way it would be two days of being off if they do the procedure right away after the MRI.

I hope this has helped you determine what you want to do right now.
The decision is your to make.
No one should make it for you.

Waiting to hear your thoughts, Diana

Last edited by Administrator; 12-03-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #20
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hi Diana,

I've followed your advice about the enzyme, will have to see how it works.
Huggs,
Elaine

Last edited by Administrator; 12-03-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:36 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Huggs back to you.Diana

Last edited by Administrator; 12-03-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #22
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hiya again,

As per other post, I started taking it as soon as I got back from the mri so am hoping its effects will be obvious though it could be tricky to know what it does do. Any ideas. Will start keeping a diary with pain levels attached so can look back and see how things went.
Looking forward to hearing from you, hugs

Old 07-26-2008, 08:27 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

I just picked up my bottle yesterday, took one on an empty stomach this morning, hoping it will help lower bad cholesterol along with cleaning things out in the blood. Will see what the results are in Dec. appointment check. I'm taking some other stuff to help in this area too. Diet is going well, it's geared towards this also.

I hope it starts helping you on having all those nasty spasms. I know it hurts you to come on the computer, if you do, just post short notes if that helps. I appreciate you taking the time and hearing how your doing. So worried for you, it's hard to be in that much pain on a constant basis. Huggs. Diana

Old 07-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #24
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hi Diana,

Its not about me taking the time to talk to you but the other way round. You're helping me its just if I'm in a lot of pain its not that easy to do much, realise that a few lines regularly is better than an all or nothing mentality. Will try to change how I'm doing things. Got tens on today so that helping as the pain got really bad but I get allergic to it after a while, something in the gel, tried alsorts. Just value the break I get from the pain whilst I'm wearing it, not as much fun taking it off though.
Tried the rice pack, not sure what I'm doing wrong but they don't seem to keep the heat like the wheat ones do. Any ideas?
Hope your weather is as glorious as its here. Its hot hot hot, hugs ten fold
Speak to you tomorrow, if you're about TC till then
Elaine xx

Old 07-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #25
(female)

kellibear HB User

i've been taking serrapeptase for a month now and i do think it is helping--it was definitely worth the money. i was using the "doctors best" brand but i am now waiting on a new bottle from pruitans pride. it comes in the 90,000unit strength only. i was taking 40,000-80,000u, so this may work better. will check back. hope all are well!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the name drop there Kellibear, I couldn't find any higher doses of this stuff, just the 20,000. per cap. I also wanted to ask how long did it take you to get to the higher doses. Did you have any side effects when increasing it? My sis has lymes and a bone infection, She's on an IV antibiotic for her bones and Doxicycline for lymes. She will have to be careful also because she's been on Vit. K before. I'm thinking when she starts this to let her doc. know and to watch closely for any bleeds that aren't slowing down. Might have to be on Vit. K again just to be on this. Do you think she could do both? I'm not quite sure if she can even take this. Want to get more questions answered for her first. How much do you take in the morning and how much in the evening. I'm thinking it works best in the body for the morning dose as you really have an empty stomach at that time.

I was thinking aboutthe Ten's unit glue and having a reaction to it, can you get a tube of benydril (spelling) and put a little of this on after you take the sticky patch off? Might really help with the irritation, and it's not too spendy to buy. You only need a dab. I've used it in the past and it does help on the irritation.
As far as the rice pack it depends on how big it is, and how high powered your microwave is, mine is a 1100watt. I leave the sock pack that have 1lb. of rice in them for around 1minute and 30seconds, leave it in there with the door closed for 1min. after it shuts off, this allows the steam and rice to distribute the heat evenly. It may be really steamy when you first take it out, I wrap it in a light towel, like a flour sack towel to prevent it from burning the skin and it also keeps the heat in the rice longer with this cover too. Might try that and see if it's better for you.

Thanks for writing a little something, better than sitting too long and hurting.
Hope this stuff does every thing you need it to do, will check back on updates. Huggs to you both, Diana

Last edited by Administrator; 12-03-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:35 AM   #27
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hiya girls.
taking 1 60000iu in the morning, only started sunday, should I try 2 a day?
Got 180 of them got stocked up 4 a while and if I find they are working will buy some more quickly.
How long is it likely to be before I feel something, it can't be causing my back to be worse is it, or does that mean its working (see other post)
Diana I'm using natures best brand . Never heard of the benydril, will research into it as if I could use the tens more it would be brill. Shouldn't really use it for as long as I do but it does help the pain quite a bit.
Have been taking the rice packs out straight away and not wrapping in anything either so will try your advice. Using cool packs at the minute due to the weather, cuddling up to something hot, unless Dave is not a gd idea in this heat
Misty (cat) just come up to put in her paws worth.

Am recording pain levels and diary of events which happend during day as think stress causes some of pain.
Take care every1 will look back to see if any1 reports how they're getting on with it.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:56 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quick post this time, gotta run soon. What I've read so far about this stuff is it has the ability to act as a pain blocker, so it should help your back. Will post more when I get the chance. Diana

Closed Thread