It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

jacs2008 HB User
looking for your thoughts on symptoms...

First off...please understand I apologize for posting any silly questions on here about symptoms when most of you have been diagnosed or have loved ones who have...I hope you and your loved ones can pull through this and put up the best fight you can.

About a year ago I started having serious migraines(several x's a week)...with classic aura. I was cat scanned and blood tested. The diagnoses by neuro was i developed migraines (for no reason). Along with the migraines I became dizzy, foggy, unbalanced and tired. I have a general feeling of malaise but nothing specific. Was sent to ENT...no diagnoses. A few weeks ago, for no reason, just below my eye developed a quarter size bleed under the skin, it was a round purple bleed that developed into a big bruise. (try explaining that one!) and I have noticed very tiny red/purple dots kinda peppered on my upper arms, top of thighs and stomach...I mean very tiny and kinda sprinkled about. They are other places also but so small i really have to search to find them. I am tired but i have a 1 year old and 2 year old...so how could one now? I do get small bruises all over legs and arms unsure of where they came from. I have not lost any weight. I am reluctant to see my doc about the spots because she is kinda awkward and I went through a bit of anxiety trying to get anything done about my headaches and dizziness...she just didn't see the seriousness of it and made me feel small i guess for asking/pushing (had to see her 3 times before referal to neuro)... I really don't want to deal with that again, if no need.

So I am just looking for any thoughts regarding what i have told you, especially the spots. I understand that bleeding into the skin to be a symptom of leukemia (as well as other conditions) and was just looking for any insight.

Thanks again for reading and you are all in my prayers.

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
Re: looking for your thoughts on symptoms...

Hi Jaacs2008 - Those little bruises/spots are indicative of a liver problem.... and or anemia. I have had them, and have both. Docs usually take those little spots VERY seriously. I doubt your doc would shrug it off. If your nervous about the doc not taking you seriously, just say you need a physical for a new job or whatever.... the blood tests will show a liver problem or anemia. BUt I would definetly show the doc the little bruises..... esp. when they're fresh..... Be well, Sherbear38

Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Are you taking any medication for any other condition? Sometimes meds cause the side effects you describe and doctors fail to look for/acknowlege side effects.

Bethsheba

Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #4
(female)

jacs2008 HB User

Thanks for the replies.

Nope not taking any medications.

Thats a good idea sherbear38...Thanks...I didn't really think much of the little dots however that big bleed under my eye is what got me searching for info...It just appeared within a few minutes and I thought that to be very odd. thanks for the validation.

all the best.

Closed Thread