It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

Crimson609 HB User
Unhappy General Health Poor

Hi,

Just fed up as my health is overall really poor. Got facet joint problems with back as well as i.b.s., endometriosis, and bladder issues, underactive thyroid and just found out got loads of allergies.
Its difficult not to get down when you're in pain from a range of issues or struggling with at least one health issue each day.
Any1 out there similiar?
Also get really tired all the time but could be due to the loads of medication I take for the various problems
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Re: General Health Poor

hi i have an underactive thyroid diabetus astma and loads of alergys its not much fun i also suffer from depession (i wonder why)sometimes i feel i dont have much quality of life i am hoping when i get on the right amount of thyroid medication i will feel better rigt now i am going on a hwealthy eating diet and trying vitimins i do know how you feel i dont know your age so if you have a young family mabie you could do with some help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

Hi, Scraggy, Hello Sharon,

It's awful to feel so run down, I get it too. Sometimes I have absolutely no ambition at all.

I've got to share something....Sharon, Scraggy is looking into a possible hysterectomy in the near future, she needs some big hugs because she hasn't had a baby yet, I know there was no way you would know this and I'm certain you would of been sympathetic to her if you'd known.
Plus any time your thyroid is off and female problems, along with being a very very sick girl of late, a person can be even more emotional than usual.
It's group ((hug)) time for sure.

Sharon you sound like you have a full load of problems heaped one on top of another too. It's good to do what you can diet wise. Do you have any suggestions for food that Scraggy could eat with her allergies? She's having problems with MSG's and Wheat mostly because it's in everything. Do you have those type of food allergies?

Anyone who reads this post is most welcome to add what they are going through and what they do for general health.

Scraggy, how soon b4 you see the doc again?
I hope you have some decent days soon. You too Sharon.

Diana

Old 06-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hello Scraggy and all! You do not suffer alone. I have alot of health issues that are nagging and I never know what I will feel like each day. It all happened since I hit 40. I am 43 now. I have low thyroid, allergies (over 30 of them) IBS, Gerd and acid reflux. Just those alone make me irritable and wondering how I will make it through the rest of my life. It is hard to be happy. But I have always found someone who has it worse or feels worse than me. Hang in there! We are here too!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

Hi, Scraggy and hugs to you. Hugs to all of you here.

I do have some things I know as my husband and I are allergic to MSG. If you eat the prepared rice (stick in the microwave for 90 seconds), go with the Uncle Ben rice. It has no MSG. Unfortunately, Rice-A-Roni is loaded with it.

Campbell's soup is also loaded with it as are most other top name brands. We make our own soup out of organic broth and add our own ingredients.

Do not know if you get Western Family brand chili where you live but it has no MSG and I believe neither does Dennison's though Dennison's tends to be greasy and can aggravate IBS. Hormel and Nalley are loaded with MSG.

Chef Boy-Ar-Dee small microwaveable meals seem to be safe (not sure about gluten content) but the larger cans have MSG.

Just to let you know, I have low-grade asthma, hypoglycemia, IBS, arthritis in neck and shoulders, sciatica and am peri-menopausal. My allergies are generally animal or chemical related. I do have to avoid a lot of things with my IBS though, especially fast foods because of what they fry them in.

Gosh. Maybe we should all get together over a cup of cyber-tea here some time?

Lindaru

Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hi Sharon,
I'm 38 in answer to your question, no kids as I can't have them. Also suffer from Anxiety and depression, having extensive investigations soon to see whats causing the pain. at Least my thyroid meds are right I think. Taking vitamins as well as some multi flax oils which help with the depression.
Getting the right Thyroid meds do help a bit. Good luck. TC

Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 AM   #7
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hi Diana,
Going to the docs 2day to get a zoladex injection done (for endometriosis) It puts your body through a pseudo menopause in case any1 wonders whats it is. Really tearful today,went out to see Daves (partners)Dad on Sat and we sat near some1 with a new baby, I've been struggling ever since.
Hope u r feeling ok today Diana,

Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hi Tedwards,

Know exactly how u feel, I really have found these boards are brilliant, though can some1 advise or should i b doing it all together , which would get very complicated. Nice to see every1 has come to contribute. Every1 is definitely welcome as Diana has said. I get acid reflux 2, possibly due to all the meds. How do u avoid all the allergies? TC

Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #9
(female)

Crimson609 HB User

Hi Lindalu,

Sounds like you are struggling a bit 2. It is going to b difficult to deal with MSG but seem to have loads of other things to avoid as well wheat, white rice, cheese, choc, salt!, to name a few. Just found out so not too organised as yet.
I can get sciatica when back really plays up, boy does it hurt. Re Cyber cup of t, I'll make but u can pour as u suggested it

Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 AM   #10
(female)

Crimson609 HB User
Cool Re: General Health Poor

Hi All,

Its great 2 see so many peops reply, it'd be lovely to keep in touch as every1 welcome.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:03 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Scraggy,

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking or not.....but when you are going to reply to multiple people you can just skip a space and add their name at the beginning in the same post. Sometimes it's easier to open your email account twice and you can read on one and reply with the other. Does this make sense to you?
So sorry you had such a rough time with seeing the little one, I know it's heartbreaking. Your emotions are at their peak when dealing with so much physically, I'm sure your hormones are way out of whack and that doesn't help things at all. One of my best girlfriends couldn't have any kids either, I think it helped her to be there for mine when they were little, she was the best sitter ever, they love her still, like a second mom they could always count on. It's a rough thing to come to terms with, I hope it gets better emotionally for you. Let us know how the tests goes. Hope it helps with your pain, something better help you soon!

TEdwards83, It's discouraging when it all hits the fan at once isn't it! My health turned upside down at 35, then again at 36...it's gotten a bit better as I'm 47 now. You end up being your own advocate because you know your own body the best. You just have to research and do what you can to help yourself. I know what you mean, when I'm feeling down there is always someone that has it way worse, so I end up counting my blessings.

Lindaru, Thank you so much for the food information, Scraggy is just starting out with this allergy mess. As you can see, she is from the UK, not sure if they get the same kinds or brands of foods as we do in the states or not. But any information is helpful.
One thing that scraggy and I have been talking about is new to the states, it's a silkworm enzyme, there is a post in alternative med. board, I'm hoping that anyone who wants to try this will post there with their results. It's suppose to be wonderful for any type of inflammation, it's a blood cleaner, works on scar tissue too. I hope you all check it out and see if this is something that would improve your general health. You can't take this stuff 2 days before or after any surgery, it also acts as a bit of a blood thinner, so if a person is on meds or taking aspirin for thinning the blood they have to consult there doctor before using it. In my case if I needed to thin my blood, and was on a blood thinner I'd stop the blood thinner and take this instead, but it's always a good idea to consult with your doctor about your plans.

I have IBS(the constipated kind), had Thyroid cancer in 89' and they have mine too suppressed so it shuts off the part of my thyroid that wasn't removed, makes a person hypersensitive to pain and bone problems, I wish now that they would taken the whole thyroid out so they could regulate it right and not be so suppressed. I deal with a bit of depression too. Have to be on a diet for high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, I have scoliosis, arthritis, have had sciatica once and took a homeopathic for it, it worked, I don't have that anymore. Had two tumors removed one at 35 and a total hysterectomy and tumor removal at 36, bladder and colon don't have many nerves so I have to stay on top of that to make sure it all stays working. The allergies I have are from certain pollens, so far anyway. I'm real close to becoming a type 2 diabetic, seem to react to sugars if I have it more than once a day,on a diet for that as well. Always have hot flashes, less sugar has helped that some, thyroid medicine is a hormone so I'll probably always deal with this issue, I'm not on Hormone replacement anymore, I did use a cream that the pharmacist made when I was on it after hysterectomy. I had lymes last year, so I was on powerful antibiotics for 5weeks and had a shot, thank goodness that's over with, although I think it makes for some yeast problems in the body. My ears are always acting up, sounds like I'm in a tunnel sometimes, and I get inflammation in them a lot, I wonder sometimes if the thyroid meds are the cause, I've had trouble with the ears since I started those meds. I get a problem with my legs when sleeping, not sure if it is restless leg syndrome or not, but taking magnesium citrate helps a lot with that. I smoke, which I know is a big no no, just can't seem to kick that habit yet. And I have TMJ, not a sever case as some on this board, but I do have that. Just thought I'd share as everyone else has here. The general lack of energy is really a big bummer, I think I'd feel better if didn't feel so blah and tired, mornings are best.

Thanks for the tea! Remember to let us know how that doctor appt. goes Scraggy. ((hugs))Diana

Old 06-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User

really sorry scraggy did not know of the problems you had so sorry it was a bit inconsiderate i didnt know i hope everything goes ok for you talking about alergys i am bad with most dairy products take care and let me know how you are sharon are you on medication for your thyroid yet

Last edited by SHARON1952; 06-30-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Did you mean scraggy are you on medication for the thyroid? I think she is. I'm glad to see you came back and posted Sharon, more than welcome to post what you are having troubles with. Diana

Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

Pouring tea for all.

Yes, Scraggy, please do let us know how it goes. Sorry you have so many food allergies. Guess my suggestions will not be that helpful as a lot of my favorite foods contain white rice and cheese.

Drs . . . I have found that yogurt with lactobacillus acidophilus tends to off set a lot of the nasty symptoms you get while taking antibiotics. It also helps prevent yeast infections.

Group hugs, everyone! Looking forward to talking to everyone again soon.

Lindaru

Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I really haven't found that I have any real female type symptoms, but I think yeast can settle in the joints, this may be why mine are cracking when I move. I took some homeopathic remedy a couple of years ago for that, might have to try it again. I do need that good bacteria, but with the diet I'm on yogurt would be my treat, I'm thinking of ordering my probotic advantage stuff again, just have to have enough money for it. I try and order 6months at a time, this way I get the best deal. Need to order my fiber powder again also, that spendy too! Jeesh, it all runs out at the same time.

Closed Thread