It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User
bump growing on my head

It started out really tiny and it's slowly getting bigger. It doesn't hurt or anything like that. I think it's what you'd call a plugged oil something. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has something like this and what did you do for it?
I don't want to have a big bump on my head.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: bump growing on my head

What does it feel like?
When I was younger, I had this tiny lump on my head that slowly got bigger over about 10 years. It was in my hairline and it started getting noticable, so I had a dermatologist remove it. It felt spongy to the touch and moved with my skin.
The dermatologist said it was nothing to worry about, but he sent it for testing just in case.
I'm not sure what it was called, but it was a benign cyst sort of thing.
You should have it checked by a dermatologist just in case. Removal was pretty easy. It was done in the office.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

What does it feel like?
It's like you described, sorta spongy and moves with the skin.
I don't have any money or insurance so going to someone isn't possible right now. My mom has a bigger one on the back of her head so I'm sure mine is going to get bigger yet. You know where it's at? lol....right on the top of my head! Oh gee.
Right now it's the size of a medium size bead (pretty small), but it used to be super tiny and it's getting bigger slowly.

It doesn't hurt and all and I can't even tell it's there except when I feel it with my fingers.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of home remedy for this, I know it's a huge shot in the dark, but you never know.
Thanks for the reply!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

You can have it removed at your regular doctors office as well. They just cut it open and pop it out. LOL

Old 07-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

susie60 HB User

It sounds like a sebaceous cyst, I had one for 10 years behind my ear I had it cut out as it had attached to my bone.

Closed Thread