It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
(male)

koolaid123 HB User
cuts on the inside of my mouth

Hi

Im not to sure where this would go so I figured Ill give general health a go.

I keep finding I small scratchs or cuts on the inside of my mouth.
I was wondering if there is anything like lack of vitamins or minerals that might cause this?
I dont eat a lot of meat so I thought this might be a cause.

I have noticed if I dont get much sleep they get worse so I am trying to get a full 8 hours each night to stop this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
Re: cuts on the inside of my mouth

Hi Koolaid 123 - 1)I wonder if you might be biting the inside of your cheeks when your sleeping or something?
2) Been kissing anybody new or kissing anybody who maybe kissing anybody new?
Thats happened to me before, its amazing whats out there that can be spread....

3) This happens to me a lot when my tolerance, or my immune system is lacking....
or right before I get sick, like wi. a virus or infection...

I tried rinsing with warm water and salt for a week, but NOTHING with alcohol in it, at least for me, it brought me to my knees, when I rinsed with something with alcohol in it. Good luck, Sherbear38

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
(male)

koolaid123 HB User

I havent been kissing anyone. I try to avoid kissing people when I have this happen just for health purposes (overly paranoid haha)

The lacking immune system makes sense, especially if Im having trouble sleeping.
It is possible that Im biting my gums, but I'm definately not doing it conciously.

Its not bad enough to the point that I can't use mouth wash, it doesnt actually hurt and I'm not even sure if its breaking enough skin to get to blood or anything like that.
My main concern is kissing someone or engaging in oral sex which may lead to some sort of contamination.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User

Hi Koolaid 123 - It can take up to 14 days for symptoms to show up if you have something from somebody, be it thru kissing, or oral sex...

or if you have ever had this before, it could just be happening again, Esp. if your immune system is down. By "down" I mean you may be getting a cold or a virus or something...

Warm water & salt will also clean it, even if it doesn't hurt.

Change toothbrushes! Definitely! People should change toothbrushes a lot, Not too many people do. Do you know if you flush the toilet while its open it can spray all kinds of stuff all over the place and hit your toothbrush?

and NO oral sex! Let this go away first! You don't want a bad Rep.... Watch for a fever, your immune system may be low right now.....

Try not to kiss someone whose gonna get real mad at you!..
Take Care of Yourself! Sherbear38

Closed Thread