It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
(female)

skyhines1 HB User
Burning Tongue and achy joints

I had a hysterectomy Jan. 07 and since have had nothing but pain. My joints hurt every day and my tongue burns as if I had poured hot sauce on it. I am not on HRT, only on Estroven. Any comments that might help?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Burning Tongue and achy joints

You don't mention how old you are, and did they remove your ovaries also? If so, you are going through menopause. I'm so sorry. The aches and pains are miserable. You might try soy isoflavins, they help sometimes. But why didn't they put you on HRT? It's miserable to go through this...it may last for a couple of years.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
(female)

Kay3282 HB User

Hi,
I had a fullhysterectomy 8 years ago and I must say some things have changed for me. I cannot handle the hot summer heat well, once I'm warm I stay that way. I also have a problem with my feet during the summer, they feel hot and when my feet are hot I cannot sleep. I feel more tired than I was before and I also have a probelm with achey legs and sometimes my hips hurt. I work 2nd shift and I'm on my feet all night, allot of walking , lifting and standing, when I come home, I feel I need a electic chair lift to get me up the stairs, My legs ache so bad. I'm 47 years old, I take estomnal 2 mg. daily.
Karen

Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
(female)

skyhines1 HB User

tks! I am 49 and starting the menopausal state. I was on HRT but took myself off. Trying to find something natural that helps to alleviate some of the pain. I did read that burning mouth syndrome is associated with hormonal change. I pray for relief.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
(female)

SherriX2 HB User

I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy Oct 1,07. I am taking Vivelle dot patch 0.05.

My body was thrown into surgical menopause at 38. I also have very achy joints now,but didnt realize it can be due to menopause.

I never had hot flashes,crying spell or night sweats before or after I started HRT.As a matter of fact,I get cold.And I have always been a hot person.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

This has nothing to do with your horomones.

You have oral thrush. It is a yeast infection in your mouth, which has moved to your bloodstream. This needs treatment now. I know what it is, because I have had it twice. It starts with the burning tounge, but then your joints begin to hurt terribly. Mine started with my knees and moved on to other joints very quickly. Once this problem is in your bloodstream, it can become serious. See your doctor right away.

Good luck!

Amanda

Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

Yup, thrush, yeast infection in the mouth, and it can go to the joints, I've had it time after time. I use a diluted tea tree oil swish for it and never swallow tea tree oil. It doesn't taste good but you can tell right away it's working. Also yeast in the mouth is contagious make sure to wash hands throughly after touching the mouth. If you want the recipe and how to do it, just post back here and let me know. I'll put this post in the instant email setting just in case. Diana

Old 07-30-2008, 07:24 AM   #8
(female)

skyhines1 HB User

yes, please send the recipe.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:33 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

Do Not swallow this stuff ever.
For Tea tree oil never use plastic.
You'll need a small glass and a metal spoon.

Put 1/4 cup water in the glass, add 4 drops Tea Tree Oil in it.
(water and oil don't mix, so you have to stir well with each sip.)
Mix well and take a sip, swish all over inside the mouth and gargle.
Spit that out, then do it again, continue till it's all gone.
Don't swallow, or rinse yet, wait 10min., spit if you have to.
After the 10min. rinse out your mouth with a salt water rinse,
I use 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a 1/2 cup of water.

Do this twice a day, if it's really bad and you notice burning in the middle of the day, you can do it more if needed. It really works better for me instead of the prescription stuff I've tried. Diana

Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #10
(female)

tiff-cher HB User

I found this post by chance and when I was reading it I thought it was a bit odd, I had a hysterectomy in June of this year. The last 3-4 days I can eat fine with no problems and then I get home and eat supper, my tongue feels like I have eaten glass and is better by morning. It hurts so bad I have not been able to finish my food. My tongue looks nomal.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #11
(female)

tmbaliotis1 HB User

Wow I had a hysterectomy in June 07, and the last two months my tongue is burning,
I wonder if this really could be related ? It's wakes me up in the night..Could it have some thing to do with the hormone patch ? I also have very achy joints and on the Vivelle patch

Closed Thread