It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
(male)

BReink HB User
Blood test results Question

I am wondering if anyone knows when you get a blood test, how long does fat, vitamins, etc. stay in your blood for it to show up on the test (ie if I ate 5 apples two weeks ago will the vitamins still show up in my blood)?

I am 22, very skinny (family has high metabolism), dont eat fast food, drink or smoke (at all literally), exercise daily, etc etc. The day before my blood test I ate a egg muffin which I made at home (cheese in the eggs, cheese on the muffin), regular whatever during the day then for dinner I ate a 1 pound steak with a baked potato and butter. After that it was all water as I waited 16 hours for my test.

Anyway, I go in and take my blood test and my results come back that everything is fine but my cholesterol level is 236! Could my eating habits from the day before the test really made the difference?

I am definitely going to stop eating eggs and cheese every other morning for breakfast, but what the heck?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User
Re: Blood test results Question

dang...when I was 300 lbs, my cholesterol was only 177. LOL

I'd say that it's probably more genetic than diet related. Do you have a family history of high cholesterol?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
(male)

BReink HB User
Re: Blood test results Question

haha, no not at all. I found out why it was so high though its because I was eating 1-2 eggs nearly every morning with cheese. One egg has the total cholestrol for one day, so between that and all the meat I eat it is was a rough routine for my body.

The day before the test I had roughly 800mg of cholestrol which I am assuming affected the blood results!

Closed Thread