It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

tletsoal HB User
effect of donating blood

what are the side effects of donating blood in a long term

Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: effect of donating blood

as far as i am aware of,none really. if you are a totally healthy person,the blood loss will replenish itself again. my hubby has been donating blood since the early 80s and just recently recieved a 16 gallon pin from the red cross for his trouble. and having the knowledge that his donations have helped to save many lives. my son also needed alot of donated blood,and other blood products when he went into liver failure. it IS a true lifesaving gift to others,believe me.

i am sure there have been people who have had some issues develop along the way but i would think,just seeing what my hubby has been thru,they are the very big exception and not the rule,you know what i mean? if you are healthy and meet the criteria for donating blood, do it. it really makes an impact in others lives,trust me on that one. if you really want the answers to any questions reguarding the effects of donating blood,just contact your local chapter of the american red cross. they know EVERYTHING there is to know on this subject. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
(female)

tletsoal HB User

Thank you very much for your reply. I am 29 and have been donating since high school, so someone from my family, an elderly person, just told me this week to stop doing it cause as I grow older I will experience terrible side effects of doing it, hence the concern. I tried to find info about it, and am not getting anything.
But will appereciate any kind of info relating to this. I am so interested to find out. I am an O+ Donor and dont think any one or anything will make me stop donating.
Thanx

Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

good for you,you are doing a really great thing for alot of people believe me. like i mentioned above,if you have any questions about blood donation just contact the american red cross. take care, FB

Closed Thread