It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
(male)

damo78 HB User
Lump at top of leg / right of groin

Hi,

Last week I had a sore appear at the very top of my leg in the groin area. It was like a rash to start (almost like nappy rash), and was sore when I closed my legs (ie. when the area was touched). I thought maybe it was a bite (strange place to get a bite however). Recently I do seem to have had some bad reactions to bites, with severe bruising for several days, and the area feeling hard to touch.

When I was having a shower I noticed a lump around where the sore is, right at the top of the inside of my right leg. I can actually get hold of the lump between two fingers, and it is hard. It feels as if it is something underneath my skin (almost like a small stone). Its not really sore anymore, though it is bleeding slightly (almost like a pin *****).

What could this be? Is it something I should be concerned about, or should I wait a while to see if it goes away before consulting my GP?

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me on this matter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
Re: Lump at top of leg / right of groin

Hi Damo78, Its not the bites so much, its the severe bruising you mentioned that bothers me a LOT.....that can be serious. The body can react so much and present symptoms so differently in certain situations... are you sure they are bites? Because of the severe bruising, I would definitely not wait before consulting your GP. If something is up, you want to know, ASAP. Good Luck, Sherbear38

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

Sounds like a boil to me?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
(male)

damo78 HB User

Thanks for the replies.

I have still got the lump, and last night there was all yellow stuff coming out of it (puss), so it may be just an infection of some kind (still looks like a bite). If its no better by tomorrow I'll probably arrange to see my GP (though I smashed my car up last night after skidding off the road in bad weather, so thats another thing to worry about trying to sort all that out).

Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
(female)

Mildred1260 HB User

I'm almost 100% that it's a boil. My son had one that he thought was a spider bite. The doctor confirmed it as a boil.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
(male)

deltukru HB User

hi damo 78

Relating to a previous “feel like something is pushing on the back of my rib cage when I get the pain” could you tell me what was the medical outcome as I am suffering these same symptoms

Closed Thread